Attract Rutting Bucks?!?!?

How can you become a better hunter? Find out here — and share your advice!
Cut N Run

RE: Attract Rutting Bucks?!?!?

Postby Cut N Run » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:52 pm

I didn't realize I could give the company's web address. Check www.commonscents.biz for the secnt machine.
Luck Counts, good or bad

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:45 am

I've used the BuckBomb with moderate success, meaning it managed to bring in one buck...but the issue I have is the noise.  If you hold down the dispensor spray nozzle on the buckbomb it sounds like a freight train for about 30 seconds so by default you are already alerting anything within range of your presence.

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:19 am

Those scent machines make a small squeak noise when the nozzle is depressed, but by the time and deer get close enough to react to it, you could have shot them a dozen times or so. The sound is more noticeable on cold, calm days, but it is not very loud.  I've had some bucks walk up to within 10 feet of the thing and not spook when it discharged.  Does are nervous around it sometimes, though that may also be related to the estrous scent being sprayed.

All I know is that I have seen many more bucks at closer ranges for longer periods of time than I used to before I started using one.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

WIbuckchaser

Postby WIbuckchaser » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:45 pm

Yes I know of someone who has tried it and claim it works.

Previous

Return to Best Practices