Attract Rutting Bucks?!?!?

How can you become a better hunter? Find out here — and share your advice!
Goose

RE: Attract Rutting Bucks?!?!?

Postby Goose » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:08 pm

I love it[:D][:D][:D] Good times.......[:D][8D]
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:23 pm

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:52 pm

ORIGINAL: coach

Still not convince.  We want to stay away from putting Human scent in an area,
but then again, we going to put human scent by unrinating or...putting used...

I could be wrong....but I won't beleive it until I try it for myself....and that....I won't do.

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/gettingpregnant/ovulationfaq.htm

I am also sorry that it went that far....but...this is what this thread is all about.

I just think its more coincidence than anything else.

coach: ALL urine breaks down to the same thing after it's exposed to the air....urea. What atttracts a deer to urine (when it does at all), is not the urine itself, but the male and female hormones that are in it. As Goose pointed out in another thread, the urine only aquires these hormones after it passes through that animal's sex organs.

I've been using my own urine in scrapes and stopped using a pee bottle many years ago, and I've seen no difference in how the deer act when they came by my tree that I had just sprinkled over the side of. 

Personally, I think that if you could get urine from most any female mammal that was in heat...horse, cow, goat, sheep...it would work as well as anything. Like I said, the urine is only the CARRIER, the real "lures" are the hormones.
BUT......To address the question that was the original post, a mensturating woman's tampon, while potentially a very effective lure, is NOT the BEST way to attract rutting bucks. A live, estrous DOE is unquestionably the best attractant for rutting bucks. If I see a "hot one" come ambling by during the rut, I will get within bow or gun range of where she passed, and staying downwind, I will camp out there all day long if need be, because a buck WILL BE coming by. It's a gamble as far as when he may come by, but come by he will, and maybe more than one! I've had that happen too more than once.

For me, this is a dealbreaker as far as any other hunt plans I may have had. Being mobile as a stillhunter, this helps with being flexible enough to move to where I have to be with a minimum of fuss and activity.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:22 pm

Very interesting but as JPH stated, I don't think many of us need to shoot a deer that bad.  Just thinking of doing this gives me the willies.  Yuck. [:'(]
QDM!

DoeEyed

Postby DoeEyed » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:26 pm

Well, if anyone on this forum is planning on having kids at some point I hope you are paying attention. Now you know when to practice![:D] LOL I have heard of this as well and been told it works. No, I have not tried it but if I get hit on by a rutting buck I'll be sure to let you all know[;)][:D]
All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:58 pm

Actually DoeEyed...I planned both kids...first between 6and 9 of the month and labor started on 7th and she was born on a Mothers day the 8th....Son I planned on my birthday...labor on my birthday and born the next...My Sis got me one day off by a surprise visit from Oregon

But to the subject...as stated hormone production actually DECREASE before on set...so not such a big factor ...most gardeners use blood meal and bone meal to detract deer...hhmmm but...some suggest due to the rutting and higherarche of the herd that the BLOOD may be the draw...for if the local "big boy" in the area were to be injured the other bucks would come in to see about taking over...so the curiousity factor is in play
....I knew a woman...bless her soul that swore by this ...all I can say is...It would most like work better hanging them around property line to discurage trespassers....lol..[;)]

coach

Postby coach » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:03 am

Well frenchy here is still not convinced.

Sorry.

I'm jus not sure it falls in the tread " Best Practice" [:D]
Cheers
Ottawa, Ontario

reeper0697

Postby reeper0697 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:12 am

LOL some of the things that get posted on here...[:D]
I have actually heard this as well. I was waiting to see Woods Walkers reply to this as we talked about this for a tiny bit in a PM. It would be nice if someone one who tried this first hand posted about it. It still amazes me that deer have such a better smell than us yet will still hit scrapes alot of times that someone pees in.

Hands down though the best part of this thread was JPH and Coach going back and forth on when a woman ovulates LOL!!!!!
Put me on a mountain, way back in the backwoods
Put me on a lake with biggin' on the line
Put me around a campfire cookin' something I just cleaned

DoeEyed

Postby DoeEyed » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:56 am

msbadger, I hope you gave your sister an earful[:D] I don't doubt it would discourage tresspassers! LOl That is way too funny. The things people come up with[:D]
All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

JPH

Postby JPH » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:10 am

ORIGINAL: reeper0697

Hands down though the best part of this thread was JPH and Coach going back and forth on when a woman ovulates LOL!!!!!

I know. I am ashamed of my participation in this whole thing.

PreviousNext

Return to Best Practices