Looking for throw & grow mixes

How can you become a better hunter? Find out here — and share your advice!
hunt4ever

Looking for throw & grow mixes

Postby hunt4ever » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:33 am

I hunt in Upstate NY - Washington County and want to plant some small killer plots with a throw & grow mix for bow season that starts in mid Oct.  What has worked for you Image Image I currently have a couple of spots that I hit with Roundup last week that I want to use as killing plots.  I have three destination food plots with brassica & turnips for the late season that are growing wellImage. A while back I saw a post that Antler King has a good throw and grow, but can't seem to find the posts.  Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.   Thanks, [size="4"]Tom Mac[/size]
I would be unstoppable...If I could just get going!

ranwin33

RE: Looking for throw & grow mixes

Postby ranwin33 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:01 am

You'd probably be just as well off using winter wheat or oats.  I think that's what most of the no till products use anyway as their main seed.
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

hunt4ever

Postby hunt4ever » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:24 pm

Thanks for the info ranwin33, I will have to check into getting some winter wheat or oats.  I have not used either before, but I think it is easy on the wallet.  [size="4"]Tom Mac[/size]

I would be unstoppable...If I could just get going!

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:13 am

Very easy on the wallet.
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

Return to Best Practices