deer management with your neighbors

How can you become a better hunter? Find out here — and share your advice!
eheuer

deer management with your neighbors

Postby eheuer » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:31 am

after taking a nice 130 inch 9 point on my buddies property last year and getting video tape of some smaller 110 to 120 inch bucks , we decided to take a shot at food plots. i guess one of the neighbors got wind of this. the neighbor, thankfully, practices the same management techniques we do. he has been seeing does in packs of 20 and 30. he also had said that he had passed on smaller bucks last yeas like we did. now, we know that there is at least 1 person who has the same goals as we do. by the way, he only feeds corn now. i bet next year, he will put some plots out. at least i hope he does. this could only enhance the quality and quantity of bucks in a 500 acre area. i gues the point is, don't be affraid to get with your neighbors if you don't have tons of land to hunt and try to get on the same page you are on.

i bet it will pay off in the end.

Eric

ranwin33

RE: deer management with your neighbors

Postby ranwin33 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:48 am

When it comes to QDM more participants is always better. [:)]
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

Return to Best Practices