Under Armour and a couple of questions?

How can you become a better hunter? Find out here — and share your advice!
JPH

RE: Under Armour and a couple of questions?

Postby JPH » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:43 am

For the record, my UA is black.

IMO whomever invented that coldgear must have made a deal with the devil. There is no way something that thin and light should be that warm. If there is a better brand out there, I'd like to try it.

I hate to admit it but UA = worth the price.

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:44 am

"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

JPH

Postby JPH » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:51 pm

ORIGINAL: JOEL

polypropylene

I have a lot of polypropylene and I still wear it, but it does not come close to UA coldgear, in my estimation.

For the record, the label on my coldgear reads: 63% Nylon, 23% Polyester, 14% Elastane. Just in case anyone wants to make some of their own.

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:47 pm

Polypropylene or polypropene (PP) is a thermoplastic polymer, made by the chemical industry and used in a wide variety of applications, including packaging, textiles (e.g. ropes, Under Armour, thermal underwear 
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

JPH

Postby JPH » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:52 pm

ORIGINAL: JOEL

Polypropylene or polypropene (PP) is a thermoplastic polymer, made by the chemical industry and used in a wide variety of applications, including packaging, textiles (e.g. ropes, Under Armour, thermal underwear 

Oh...thanks. And why do I keep saying "for the record"? Weird.

I just talk this stuff up in hopes that they will sponsor me anyway. So far, nothing.

Nubs

Postby Nubs » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:10 pm

Thin, light weight, and warm is what attracts me to UA. It is expensive but from what I have read about it there is nothing else like it. I have a short sleeve UA shirt I use for work, it is the opposite of the cold gear it keeps you cool when the heat is on. I like how it is from fitting and the way it feels so I think I will spend the extra $$$ money and invest in the cold gear. Thanks for all the great tips and advice!

vipertech

Postby vipertech » Mon May 04, 2009 3:22 am

I bought some UA a few years ago.  Not sure what grade I got though  (1, 2, or 3).  I believe it is the 3 though because it was specifically tagged for cold weather.  I have to say that it has worked pretty well.  I find that I don't get as cold as I used to. 

Having said that, my problem is my feet.  When my feet start getting cold, the rest of me gets cold.  Thank God for those Grabber foot warmers.  They have practically eliminated my cold feet issue. I cannot recommend them enough.  I stock up on these things prior to every season and I never leave home without them.  They cost a bit more than the toe warmers but I find the toe warmers don't provide enough warmth on the really cold days.  I have used them even with uninsulated boots and remained warm.

http://www.warmers.com/ItemDetails.aspx?itemid=FW10&pkey=Products

Previous

Return to Best Practices