Breathing-nose or mouth

How can you become a better hunter? Find out here — and share your advice!
John1961

RE: Breathing-nose or mouth

Postby John1961 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:52 am

I do like the Indians did. Wake up. pee,poop, grab a bite, dress and in to the woods I go. Maby a deer or two had heard or smelled me fart. maby one of two have smelled what I had for breakfast. I or we will never know. Fact is folks will discuss or argue hunting facts, or stratigys for ever. One of the members in our club was " sitting over " a log, looked up, and killed a very nice 6 point. He also had a cigar in his mouth. ANy way good reading everyone. SOme good tips and Im going to start using a few.  John
John
U.S. Army Retired and Proud American
Black Water Hunting Club
" BUY AMERICAN "

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:08 pm

Sure after eating so Salami with garlic whatever, when we burp....it smell like Toby's panties, but....i'm still convince that it doesn't make any differences.

You know, I was re-reading this thread again, and the above quote caught my attention. It brought to mind several questions. So......coach:

1. Who's Toby?

2. How do you know?

3. Salami and garlic???????? OMG! [:'(]

[:D]

Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:35 am

This isn't a silly question, and with so many responses, I don't think anyone considers it silly.

The specialty chewing gums that are sold to control mouth odor all have chlorophyll in them. There used to be a chewing gum called Clorets that had chlorophyll, but I haven't seen it for years. Holding apple slices in your mouth works well. I also drink either plain water or drink boxes of apple juice when bowhunting.

There is a product called Nullo (www.nullo.com) that is recommended for scent control. I don't know how it works, but it's billed as an "internal deodorant." I have not tried it, and wonder if any of you have.

I always wonder whether the things I eat on stand can be smelled by deer. I try to eat things that I don't think will repel deer. That's why I won't eat jerky on stand, and will favor a PB&J sandwich over a sandwich of lunch meat. But deer haven't read this thread, and no matter what you do to control scent, they will sometimes surprise you with their reactions.

Steve

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:10 am

ORIGINAL: Woods Walker

Sure after eating so Salami with garlic whatever, when we burp....it smell like Toby's panties, but....i'm still convince that it doesn't make any differences.

You know, I was re-reading this thread again, and the above quote caught my attention. It brought to mind several questions. So......coach:

1. Who's Toby?

2. How do you know?

3. Salami and garlic???????? OMG! [:'(]

[:D]

[:D][:D][:D][:D]
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

Previous

Return to Best Practices