What color arrows?

How can you become a better hunter? Find out here — and share your advice!
DeerCamp

What color arrows?

Postby DeerCamp » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:48 pm

I was wondering what color fletchings everyone was going to be shooting this year? Im having my arrows made for this season right now. Im going with white and pink, with an orange wrap and a blue knock. I feel that the pink is one of the select few colors that is ever in the deer woods. And as for the orange wrap, it allows me to see where the arrow has been placed ona traveling deer..Whats the reasoning behind your choices?
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

Randy3003

RE: What color arrows?

Postby Randy3003 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:28 pm

THESE ARE SOME OF THE ARROWS MY CLIENTELE WILL BE SHOOTING THIS YEAR, AND IF ANYONE OUT THERE WOULD LIKE ME TO CUSTOM WRAP OR CREST AND CUSTOM PAINT THEM A DOZEN OR EVEN HALF DOZEN.  I SELL PROFESSIONAL HUNTING ARROWS AT PRICES YOU'LL NOT FIND ANY WHERE CAN'T GET PICS TO UPLOAD SO WRITE TO :   WORKINGMAN3003@HOTMAIL.COM FOR PICS!!!   aWESOME ARROWS
One well placed arrow can save a lot of unnecessary exercise

paulie

Postby paulie » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:56 pm

Red and white, with white nocks (no wrap). Reason.. high visibilty!

badtoys

Postby badtoys » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:36 am

nothing with yellow or blue deer can see them colors
WARNING: The lead contained in this bullet has been known to cause severe injury and even death. when travelling at over 2100 feet per second.Surgeon General's Warning: Getting smoked by one of these bullets may behazardous to your health.

shaman

Postby shaman » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:21 am

Brown arrows,  2 Flo-orange vanes and 1 Yellow and a Hunter Orange knock. Reason?  Up in the maple leaves, you'd never see 'em, except for the hunter orange-- those knocks and vanes showed up well against any background.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

metrx

Postby metrx » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:22 am

white and flo-yellow vanes, white wrap and flo-yellow nock...hi visibility flying into a brown object

SoIll Dawg

Postby SoIll Dawg » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:20 am

I do not know what colors deer can see or not see, but I would go with PINK.  Pink shows up in all conditions, I do not care about others questioning my masculinity.[:D]

I play a lot of disc golf and we have different colored discs.  The easiest color to find is PINK.  Orange works well except in the fall.  Same with yellow.  Deep blue is good, but red is the worst.  It disappears in the evening.  White only works in certain conditions.

If I could (and provided pink is not a deer no-no) I would buy every part of an arrow pink in color.  Peer laughter be darned.....you can find pink!

bowboxer

Postby bowboxer » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:55 pm

cock vane white,hens yellow. no problem with deer seeing them and i spot and stalk alot.

scottflesher

Postby scottflesher » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:26 pm

Man Jerry, you have about every color covered. All you need is a green arrow with a yellow broadhead and you'd be throwing a rainbow at 'em.
[;)]

I'm going with white as my two veins and a yellow cock vein. I figure that I'd love to recover my arrow, especially if it's undamaged, but I'm more interested in recovering the deer. Hopefully I'll see him fall and if not, hope for hair and blood at the location I shot him. Finding the arrow is only a plus.

danesdad

Postby danesdad » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:41 am

orange and green with green nocks. Easy to see after the shot.
Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.

Next

Return to Best Practices