What color arrows?

How can you become a better hunter? Find out here — and share your advice!
woodsalta

RE: What color arrows?

Postby woodsalta » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:14 am

I guess I'm kinda old school with my arrows, I still use the Easton Fall Stalker aluminum shafts with light orange and floresant orange fletchings. I guess that while talking to some of the guys at the club they turned me away from the carbon arrows due to some of the guy talking about the carbon shafts breaking and carbon fibers getting into the meat.
A man with a gun is a citizen, a man without a gun is a subject.

dreamtm99

Postby dreamtm99 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:36 am

I use black Easton Excell arrows, with 2-yellow vanes and one red, topped with a red tracer nock, and Rage Titanium 2-blades... Never lose an arrow in the back yard or the field... My reason for the colors - thats the color they had in stock when I bought my arrows... Deer don't care what colors are cutting thru them, so neither do I... I don't care what colors are on my arrows, but I will always use the tracer or lumenok light-up nocks, makes it very easy to see where you hit, and easy arrow recovery...

Ray
BOW HUNTERS DOMINATE THE WOODS!!!
The thrill of the hunt, tops the thrill of the kill... at least till you recover the TROPHY !!

NOCK 'EM DEAD!!!!!!

SwampLife

Postby SwampLife » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:06 am

2 orange to find a passed through, pulled out or broke off(or a completely missed) arrow against the forest floor, one white to show blood details, orange nock for high arrow entry visibility.
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.

mightyfofaad

Postby mightyfofaad » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:01 pm

I personally like a deep Puce with intermittent 1/4" white stripes & a florescent Hot Pint Knock. [X(]

stkline81

Postby stkline81 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:35 am

I shoot 2 pink & 1 black - I can always find them in the woods.

Previous

Return to Best Practices