What did you learn from carbon trials ?

How can you become a better hunter? Find out here — and share your advice!
bmorris

What did you learn from carbon trials ?

Postby bmorris » Sat May 14, 2011 8:40 am

As these trials travel through the court system there is a wealth of information available to those who will take the time to read it. There is a web site- justia.com- that releases a lot of the trial testimony and depositions. One of the problems is that the carbon companies have sealed a lot of information from the public. Through forums and blogs some of this information is available.

What I have learned is if you read the transcripts of the carbon experts that testified in the trial it is only the uninformed that would buy and expect carbon to work on human odor. The carbon experts form both sides in trial testimony agreed on one thing. Carbon used in this kind of application is ineffective in stopping human odors.

What is amazing is that this testimony offered under oath is ignored by the companies ,hunters and magazines and retailers. Why ?

jonny5buck

Re: What did you learn from carbon trials ?

Postby jonny5buck » Sat May 14, 2011 10:53 am

Some hunters want to ''believe ''in something[carbon clothing] etc. and that it somehow gives more of an advantage,,so regardless of the proven information they [not me] choose to believe...[regardless of proof contrary] that it still works. Magazines need sponsors and advertisers ...

I am fortunate enough to have started hunting when the basics were all we had...the whisker biscuit wasn't even being used by most hunters,carbon clothing wasn't heard of and 98% of hunters still shot aluminum arrows....i feel more for the New generation of hunters who may be going this adventure alone and are bombarded by advertisement that almost seems that unless you buy carbon outfits and plunk down 750 -1000 for a bow that it's impossible to get a deer.....those are who i believe may be ''marketed'' into believing the carbon and Scentlok hype.

I still believe and have met a few younger hunters hunting with their dads old bows ,and equipment...and believe they will not fall into the category of hunters that must have the newest thing to grace the pages of this months magazine....

The mind is more powerful than most will give credit...because of this and peer pressure ..the carbon craze has influenced many...luckily some of us hunt and scout harder and believe in Woodmanship over carbon and gadgets...

Woods Walker

Re: What did you learn from carbon trials ?

Postby Woods Walker » Sat May 14, 2011 5:58 pm

"What is amazing is that this testimony offered under oath is ignored by the companies ,hunters and magazines and retailers. Why ?"

Why? You know the answer to that.......ADVERTISING $$$$$$
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Return to Best Practices