New Cuddeback Mod. E3

charlie 01

New Cuddeback Mod. E3

Postby charlie 01 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:59 pm

Has anyone tried the new Cuddeback trail cam.? I just purchased one to try it out. I like it. One of the good things with Cuddebacks is that it takes a picture and then goes to video of the same subject. That way you can print out a pic. and also have video of it. It is nice and small and uses 8 AA's. Also has sound, and you can have flash or IR or black flash, and the price is $150.00. In this day and age I believe most of these cams. are quite comparable. Although, I don't know much about most of them, but the Cuddeback has a lot of features that I like.
never say never
patience is the companion of wisdom

rthomas4

Re: New Cuddeback Mod. E3

Postby rthomas4 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:28 am

I just saw this camera in the new Bass Pro catalog. I would be interested in your results and how happy you are with it; since my best and favorite camera is an old original cudde flash model that's still ticking and taking color pictures day and night year 'round......and has been for about 5 years now.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

charlie 01

Postby charlie 01 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:14 am

So far, so good, but I've just tested it in my back yard. But it does perform well with all it is supposed to do. I'm contemplating getting another. In fact yesterday I went to the Bass Pro shop to purchase and save on shipping, but not in stores yet. I'm surprised your cam. has lasted this long. I've had several of those early cuddebacks that died. I prefer the new cams. with the black flash. When I use the cam. that has IR, everything notices the red light. Coyotes especially, some even run from it. The deer see it and look at it for a while but are not bothered by it. What I do see is, if the deer are down wind of the cam. they can pick up on the smell of it. Some deer are leery of it, more so of the mature bucks. With the black flash, night pics. and video are black&white, but day time, color is good. You can get this new cam. with regular flash for night time color pics. but I don't know what the video would be like.
never say never

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:20 am

Yep, that old cuddy has outlasted more than a few other brands. I just have to change the "D" cells about 4 times a year, but other than that it's the undisputed best camera I've ever owned. I wish I could get my hands on 5 new ones, just like it! I heard of a company that had some new, old stock; but by the time I contacted them, they had sold out. That was about two years ago.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

charlie 01

Postby charlie 01 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:31 pm

Of the things I have learned over the years, if you find something that is good and works fine and the way you want it to, get as many as you can because you will probably never see it for sale again. There are so many things that were great for me, I wish I would have bought more of because they just aren't around any more.
never say never

charlie 01

Postby charlie 01 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:25 pm

Well that new Cuddeback Model E3 is not what I had hoped for. It basically works like the Attach but in a much smaller package. All the late Model Cuddebacks are designed to take a picture and then go to video. But there is a delay with the Attach between picture and video. Enough of a delay that if an animal is walking toward the cam. it catches it in the picture but is gone from view when the video starts. I thought it was a flaw in the camera and sent it in for repair. But it came back stating the camera is fine and checks out O.K. The new Model E3 is the same way. You can set it to take pictures alone with no video. But you cannot just have video alone. I much prefer video just to see how the deer react to things, especially when they are fighting or just sparing. The E3 is a disappointment for me. I much prefer the Bushnell camera. It is small, and you can set it to take pictures or video with sound.
never say never

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:39 am

My old Cuddy capture finally died, but I found remanufactured captures at Sportsman's Guide for $79.99 each through Amazon. I ordered two, and with the discount from Amazon, I saved another $10.00 and had free shipping. They are working just as well as the old one.........so far.

Return to Scouting Cameras