SD cards vs. SDHC cards

nuideas1

SD cards vs. SDHC cards

Postby nuideas1 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:22 am

Anyone know if the new Primos truth cams will accept an SDHC card? Package and advertising just say up to 8 GB SD card but almost all the cards out there are SDHC (high capacity).

nuideas1

RE: SD cards vs. SDHC cards

Postby nuideas1 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:16 pm

I got hold of Tech support at Primos and according to them it WILL accept SDHC cards. I hope so as based on that info I ordered 2 in anticipation of the arrival of my cam.

grizz

Postby grizz » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:07 am

I just got a Primos last week played with it in the yard seams pretty good.
I had a 2gb card I am now using out in the woods and just bought a 8gb SDHC so glad to know it will work
will be going to check cam in few days switch to new 8gb and set to vidio mode

lostmyarrow

Postby lostmyarrow » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:27 pm

grizz: Good luck with your camera. I think you will really enjoy the video mode. I'm not debating cameras, but I have Spy point IRB and the 2009 model Bushnell Trophy Trail camera. I have these set for video and really enjoy that as compared to picture. Video is set for 30 second with a 10 second delay. All my SD cards are up to 2GB as I'm limited with Bushnell and my WildView EZ Cam. The WildView is the early version which will only take pictures.

grizz

Postby grizz » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:46 pm

Update on the Primos
mine is making the shutter clicking noise pretty bad
going back next time I go check them
will send it back and replace with another scoutguard
that is the best way to do video's 20sec on 10 in between seems to work the best as long as not over a a food source

Bestok

Re: SD cards vs. SDHC cards

Postby Bestok » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:39 pm

In a nutshell, is the difference between FAT16 and FAT32.
Sd card with FAT16, and SDHC using FAT32, therefore sd maximum capacity can be to 2 g, but SDHC by using FAT32, therefore can achieve 32 gb capacity.In addition, using FAT32 also makes the transmission speed has a certain improvement, the current SDHC Class2, Class4, Class6, such as different level of speed, corresponding to the different needs of different users.At the back of the Class the figures show that the minimum transmission rate (MB/S), usually at an average rate can achieve read 20 write 15.
Distinguish between simple method: more than 2 g must be SDHC.

Return to Scouting Cameras