Wildview TGL1

easports

Wildview TGL1

Postby easports » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:01 am

Just received an email from a company that selling 2 Wildview cameras TGL1 for $70.00. Has anyone used these cameras and can you give me some feedback on this product. I know that's a cheap price and the quality can't be all that but I would still like to hear back from anyone who has used them.

Oakarver

RE: Wildview TGL1

Postby Oakarver » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:50 pm

Care to share a link to that sale?

Thanks [;)]

easports

Postby easports » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:32 am

http://www.wildviewcam.com/email_1010_2/index.html

see if this works. any idea's on this camera?

Oakarver

Postby Oakarver » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:34 am

It's not the best..but good enough for an area where the deer are going to linger a bit. Also good if there's a chance of it being stolen- because of the price.

Thanks for the link [;)]

RedBud

Postby RedBud » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:21 pm

I have used them. They are some the first cameras by Wildview. They work ok but don't have the latest capabilities. They are low resolution, slow and has a flash that you can't turn off. The pictures are adequate for normal use. I bought two a few months ago at about $50 each.

easports

Postby easports » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:25 am

I appreciate the feedback. I want to put the cameras out on a new property just to see what's moving out there. I'm not expecting lots of bells and whistles just pictures clear enough to see the activity.

lostmyarrow

Postby lostmyarrow » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:21 pm

Reading the link, it says recertified. These would be cameras that came back for warranty or ones that were not sold and the company did an up date. I had a total of 10 of the early version "WildView EZ Cam." These cameras took good pictures (no Video) as they were designed for pictures only. The cameras were limited to a 2GB SD card. I was able to use Lexmark, SanDisk and the newly released Adapta cards. These cameras use 4 "C" batteries and are hard on batteries even when not taking pictures. I've used "copper top", Energizer, Duracell and rechargeable Pure Energy. There seems to be some kind of internal drain on the battery. Due to this I went to the 12 volt external port coupled to a 300 series Energizer battery. This really extended the battery power and one was able to use the camera in much colder weather than the company lists due to the larger external power supply. The camera takes on a sleep mode supposedly to save power. Due to this, one may receive some "black pictures". To help solve this problem, set up over a feeder or bait station if permitted or facing a game trail. Do not face into the rising or setting sun as this causes white outs. Later in the year, do not face in a southerly direction because as the sun travels from east to west it is lower in the sky on the southern side causing over exposure. The camera is well made, well sealed, easy setup and has a heavy wide strap. Trigger speed is slow. I have used these cameras going into the third year. The manufacture has since built 2 or 3 newer versions, some with video and some will accept larger SD cards. Warranty is one year from the manufacture and some dealers. Customer service from the manufacture is questionable.

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:18 pm

I have had poor luck with the wildView cameras . I won't but another one !
Semper Fi !

easports

Postby easports » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:46 am

I just put the cameras out in two different properties and will be interested in seeing the pictures. I post some of the pictures when I get them back.

Return to Scouting Cameras