Moultrie I40

whitetailtime

Moultrie I40

Postby whitetailtime » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:11 am

I have 2 Moultrie I40 trail cameras. One is in it's 2nd season and one in it's 3rd. The problem is, I can no longer read the information screen. The camera still takes good images but I changed the batteries yesterday and now I can no longer set the time or the date. Has anyone else had this problem, or is this nature of the beast? Thanks for your time.

Jon H.

RE: Moultrie I40

Postby Jon H. » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:22 am

We are starting are 2nd season with them, and so far we had know problems yet. I wonder if it is a moisture problem.

tjmeyers

Postby tjmeyers » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:53 am

A co-worker of mine had a similar problem last year. Moultrie replaced them both.

I'm not suggesting that you would get the same treatment, but I'd check with them.
When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.

pickleguy

Postby pickleguy » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:44 am

I have 4 of them & I just checked them over the weekend & 2 of them are suffering the same problem. We have been getting dumped on by rain over the last few weeks so if it is a moisture problem I hope it goes away when things dry out.
�If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.It is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved

extroverted

Postby extroverted » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:07 am

I would check with the manufacture, if they don't help you with these units. then you may want to leave them in the direct sun for a few days to see if that helps.

Next thing if you decide to buy new go get wild view, you can get 2 mag cams for 45.00 ea.
I have had all of mine for the past 5 years, no problems yet.

whitetailtime

Postby whitetailtime » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:26 am

Good news. I called Moultrie today, talked to a tech named Ken. I told him my issues I was having with my two cameras. He told me I had two choices, Send the cameras to them and they would replace the boards or he would send them to me to do it myself at no cost for the parts. The boards are being sent to me. This way I don't have to pull them out of the woods. I can change them out at the tree, all is needed is a phillips screwdriver. ALL GOOD!!!

Return to Scouting Cameras