Bushnell Trophy Cam IR Reviews

motorbreaker

RE: Bushnell Trophy Cam IR Reviews

Postby motorbreaker » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:09 am

I believe there the 2010 version with the 8mp. I bought the
$200 version, I dont need the tiny viewer screen. I just swap cards. Jake

I have 2 of these cameras, One works great, As you seen in my
previous post. The one I just got, I'm not very hppy with. About
95% of the day pics are white. I can handle a few but this is rediculess.
The night pics are fine though. Jake

All Talk

Postby All Talk » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:55 am

Hate to be the downer but I will give you my story.  My Trophy 5.0 stopped working after 3 months of use.  Busnell is a KC company and close by work.  Took it to the repair center on May 25th.  They said it would be 130 to fix it because the batteries must have gotten wet and coroded the inside of the camera.  Then they said just buy a new one.  I said it has a 2 year warranty and the only way the batteries got wet is because housing leaked.  They agreed and said they would send me a new camera for 100.  I said no, send me a new camera because this is not my fault.  Finally a supervisor said they would replace it for free.  I was told it would be here on June 30th, July 15th, July 30th and now they say late August.  No problem, I really did not want to scout all summer or anything like that.  I finally went and got the Moultrie that I have several of to put out.  Not saying that my case is the norm, it might be a great camera but customer service is pathetic.  They have to have a camera somewhere, they are the factory, I don't buy backorder BS for not getting me a camera for 3 months.

Just because you hunt does not make you a hunter.

lostmyarrow

Postby lostmyarrow » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:11 am

All Talk: Sorry to hear about your camera and poor service. I have emailed Bushnell a couple of time requiring information and had quick replies. Mind you this is different than replacing a camera. I have been on several hunting forums, viewing camera feed back. Apparently, Bushnell is having numerous problems with their 2010 Trail Cameras. This may not be what you want, just a suggestion. See if they would 1) replace your camera with a later model 2009 version, or 2) allow you to pick up a replacement at a nearby dealer. There is a chance a nearby dealer would have one, but you would need an authorization from Bushnell. On the back of the package my 2009 model Bushnell Trophy Trail Camera with viewer came in, the year and model number is located in the lower right hand side of the package. If you still have the package your camera came in, you could check that area. Good luck.

All Talk

Postby All Talk » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:54 am

I am about ready to do that.  If I get another delay I am going to ask to go to them and ask if I can pick one up at Cabelas.  It is really sad that they pride themselves in being a KC company and treat a guy down the street like a second class citizen.  I have been missing this guy all year becasue of it.

motorbreaker

Postby motorbreaker » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:54 am

I said it before and I'll say it again. Buy your camera from cabelas
or bass pro, If you have a problem, They will exchange it. I hate to say it but I've been exchanging mine at Bass Pro for 3 years. I just exchanged my 5 1/2 month old trophy cam without any problem. Just make sure to keep
your recipt and packaging.
If they stop taking these junk cams back, I'll stop shopping there.

Jake

All Talk

Postby All Talk » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:12 am

That is the problem, I did take it back to cabelas and they said outside of 90 days that I need to deal with the manufacturer.  I buy everything at cabelas.  I have taken back countless broken products with no questions but this is the first time I was told to deal with the manufacturer.

lostmyarrow

Postby lostmyarrow » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:07 am

All Talk: Before I bought my 2009 model Bushnell Trophy Trail cameras, I contacted Cabelas. They quoted me the 90 day warranty and after that to contact Bushnell. At the time I had heard rumors of a year or two year warranty from Bushnell. I emailed them and I was told they warranteed for two years. Some of the dealers here in Canada only provide 30 days. As far as I know, Bushnell is the only manufacturer of trail cameras that provide a two year warranty. The rest are one year. Whatever you purchase, hang on to your receipt or sales slip and if possible, keep the original packaging in case you have to return the item.

tugggg

Postby tugggg » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:53 pm

I have 5 scout Guards which are made by same company and never had a problem in 2 years.

Gary (Tug) Rilling

doit

Postby doit » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:51 pm

Very Disappointed, for the money they are not worth it, i love all the features of the cam but unfortunately Bushnell sucks.
The pic and video quality are really not that great, at least not on my cams. i have a 09 that i got for christmas that i did not use untill this summer, my mistake was buying 2 more one at Bass pro and one at cabellas (on sale at least), they both have 30 return policy, which i tried to do right around my 30 day but none were in stock so im screwed. the cameras are quircky sometimes not going into set up mode, I have to keep shutting off and trying again. had problem with the door hinges on one started to fall out and i damaged the hanger that the clasp secures to. intermitent white outs also. the 10.00 fee to return them for repair is an insult so is there poor customer service..
I don't expect these cams to last a season, i got hooked on the long battery life but these cams will winding costing more in aggravation and repair fees. I am not a newbie to cameras so its not operator error.
shame on Bushnell for being greedy, not caring SOB. Stay away from Bushnell. if everybody does maybe they will change there toon.

gunther89

Postby gunther89 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:00 pm

First off welcome to the forum.  I'm sorry your having problems with your Bushnell Trophy Cam.  I have 2 of the 09 models and I did have to send one back because ants got in it but customer service was friendly to me.  I do agree that the $10 charge is kinda crap but owell.  I will tell you that every camera company and even the best one's out there have problems with customer service.  
Scott

PreviousNext

Return to Scouting Cameras