Bushnell Trophy Cam IR Reviews

doit

RE: Bushnell Trophy Cam IR Reviews

Postby doit » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:24 pm

Thanks for the welcome, Your right, usually the bigger the company the crappier the service. because the monster is to big.
I can say i had a good experience with WGI last year, in years past with Moultrie and so far a good experience with Primos. they sent me a pre paid shipping label to ck out my camera, Truth 35. i sent it out yesterday we'll see what happens.

SHKYBoonie

Postby SHKYBoonie » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:52 pm

I have used almost every camera that has come on the market in the last 5 years with the exception of some of the higher priced cams. The CuddieBack being the most expensive cam I have purchased and one of the biggest let downs I have had (I'm not talking about the new capture models either). I have had some sort of problem out of almost every cam I have ever had because let's face it, ANY electronics and deviations of the different elements of weather do not work well together. Regardless of what you do humidity, heat, rain, cold are going to generate a certain amount of condensation within the unit itself. Most cameras, when they act up, cam be fixed by taking them home and putting them in a warn dry place for awhile or by taking them apart and spraying them with an electronic cleaner.

I have had the Bushnell Trophy Cams now sense they were introduced last year. I bought 2 of them to start out because I have had Bushnell cams in the past that didn't perform well at all. Needless to say, these little cams blew my mind! The only thing I didn't like was that they would only take a 2GB SD card which they fixed this year. I had these cams out for a full year and only changed the batteries once and that was because I just couldn't believe the other batteries had lasted as long as the did. These batteries were the standard Duracell AA's. Let's face it, most of us aren't taking these pics to post in a magazine. We just need it to be clear enough to get a good look at what we have in our hunting area, but I have had some pictures of turkeys, bobcats, coyotes and deer that I would put in any magazine from these cameras. I have had a few pics where the whole pic was white (usually because my set up was wrong facing into the sun), some that were red and some that were just too dark, but there was usually a good reason for this. It was usually an easy fix by replacing the batteries or placing the cam on my dash for awhile in the open position. Either way, these cams have been the best I have used and I bought 5 more of the new units several months ago. They have worked just as well, if not better than the others I already have. As with anything these days, there are bad apples in every bunch but I haven't found one in this bunch yet!
Hunt as though your life depended on it, because one day it just might!

hondarancher

Postby hondarancher » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:44 pm

just bought an older 07 model from a little old lady for $50 thought i got a deal until i find out it needs a password to use it.phoned bushnell and cuz im not the registered user they cant help me,not a big deal except the lady is 4hrs away.anybody got any ideas

SHKYBoonie

Postby SHKYBoonie » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:11 pm

ORIGINAL: hondarancher

just bought an older 07 model from a little old lady for $50 thought i got a deal until i find out it needs a password to use it.phoned bushnell and cuz im not the registered user they cant help me,not a big deal except the lady is 4hrs away.anybody got any ideas

The default pass word is "0000" and this will probably work as most people never bothered to set them up anyway. Try it and see what happens. when prompted to enter pass word just click the enter button 4 times. It may let you in, if not you will have to get the pass code from whoever used it last. Hope this helps.
Hunt as though your life depended on it, because one day it just might!

hondarancher

Postby hondarancher » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:57 pm

thanks but no luck

vtgao

Postby vtgao » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:34 am

Honda,  try this out...

Power on Camera and hold the the 'enter' key until password prompt comes on. Enter 66214 as a password (even if your only prompted for a four digit password, like ---- ).
Your password can be reset during the regular programing mode now.
Hope this helps.
Best Regards, gao

reeper0697

Postby reeper0697 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:48 pm

One of my good friends was interested in getting a camera this year. I have 3 Moultries and 1 2009 Trophy Cam so I recommended this Trophy Cam because of it's features. The 2010 had some upgrades so he decided to get one of those. We read about problems with the 2010's and the first one was junk, and he had to pay to send it back. The second one seemed OK at first but now it has crapped out too so he has to send it back. But I guess after talking with someone to get sh*t done they are going to send him a mailing label free so he isn't paying shipping again. They told him it will take several weeks before he gets a new one which sucks it takes so long.
Put me on a mountain, way back in the backwoods
Put me on a lake with biggin' on the line
Put me around a campfire cookin' something I just cleaned

hunterdavid1234

Postby hunterdavid1234 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:26 am

Well thanks to all of you for your post, i have been searching for feedback for sometime now on different trail cameras. I have used only the I-40 moultries and had trouble with them the first season , i can tell u they are junk and there cust. service sks big time, sent my cameras back to them for repair and got them back with notes attached to them saying they were not repairable and they wanted me to purchase more cameras from them. Are kidding me I will never purchase another moultrie product in my life. I live in south louisiana and hunt in very north louisiana so we do get our share of rain, our cameras or out strapped to trees Aug thru Jan so i have been looking for the best cameras that would hold up to this rainy state. I can say warranty to me is big. If all these camera companies dont start making better products for all of us hunters they will be no cameras for me. The price we pay for cameras we should be getting a product that stands up to all weather conditions , no excuses , no BS with customer service. Just saying !!!! I will try the Bushnell i think, i like there warranty policy and from what i gather there customer service is trying to make a difference. Any replys r welcomed . (((((((((((((((((((( Still looking for someone to tell me - Yeah I got cameras that stay out in the rain for months or all through the season and have been doing so for years with the same cameras and they are all working fine - is there anyone out there that can tell me this ??????????????? )))))))))))))))))))))))))))

motorbreaker

Postby motorbreaker » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:09 am

I have 2 of the 2010 models, I am pretty disapointed
with the overall performance of this camera.
Way to many white day time pics. I have tried changing
the meg pix from 3 to 5 to 8 and put in new batteries.
I have put the cams in several differant areas but still
had way to many white pics.
Dark pics are pretty good.         Jake

kevjack6

Postby kevjack6 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:50 am

Well, I just purchased a Trophy Cam and put it out this weekend....I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best! I'll give people my results when I collect the memory card this weekend. I guess I don't care all that much how the pictures look as long as I can always tell what's in them. My biggest concern is with the trigger speed. For the most part, of those people that have this camera, are you happy with trigger speed? Do you get many "empty" pics?

My initial thoughts are that I like the compact size. I like the many different options you have for programming, i.e., picture resolution, video option, duration between pics, etc. My only complaint so far is that it gives you about 5 seconds before it arms itself and takes a pic! I just about get the cover closed before it's ready. No big deal since you can put a large memory card in it so it's just a minor aggravation.

Kevin

PreviousNext

Return to Scouting Cameras