Bushnell Trophy Cam IR Reviews

motorbreaker

RE: Bushnell Trophy Cam IR Reviews

Postby motorbreaker » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:54 pm

are you happy with trigger speed? Do you get many "empty

Dont have many empty pics, Trigger is good enough imo

The white pics im getting are all white, Nothing to see.
Not all day pics are white, But I dont like having any white pics.

Still better then the cudde ir i have, And much better then the
stelth cams I have that take tons of white pics.

White pics are my only complaint so far.

kevjack6

Postby kevjack6 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:00 pm

As promised, here is my update. Put the camera out last week and had over 200 pictures. No white pics as others had mentioned. Picture quality was good. Had it set for 3 megapixel. So far it has worked as advertised. I've included a few pics.

My only complaint was that after about 5 days, the date went back to 1/1/10 for some strange reason.

motorbreaker

Postby motorbreaker » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:58 am

I have 2 of these cams. 1 takes a lot of white pics in the day.
And the ir flash will not brighten up the picture like it once did. 
The cam is only 4months old.
The other 1 is 9 months old.
You can see the difference in the pic.

fr0sty

Postby fr0sty » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:53 am

When battery levels decline, the distance IRs illuminate go down.  I noticed this with my IR4.  The battery level didn't even need to be near zero before I noticed the decline.

kevjack6

Postby kevjack6 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:28 pm

I now have over 6000 pictures taken with my Bushnell Trophy Cam. I would say 1/2 are nighttime photos. My battery indicator still reads full power. So far, I'm very pleased with this product but I've only had it for a short time now. The nighttime photos are a little grainy but I only have it set for 3 megapixel. At this point, I highly recommend it and would not hesitate to purchase another.

shannon

Postby shannon » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:24 pm

Ive got two of the new trophy cams(bone collector edition) and they are both junk. About 90 percent of the nightime pictures on both cameras are blurry. Not grainy, blurry. i have had the cameras out for about maybe two months. I have had to replace the batteries in one of the cameras three times already. So much for great battery life, what a joke. I've also had to relace them in the other one, but only once. This would not surprise or aggravate me so much except that it is still fairly warm outside, wonder how often i will be replacing them when it gets cold. I also get alot of multiple white out pictures during the day. not just 6 or 8, but a few hundred. Dont know for sure what the problem is with these cameras, but I am kind-of reluctant to send them back to bushnell on my dime since they have been junk from day one. Oh yeah, when i went to check the camera yesterday, i opened it only to find some rain water had gotten in it somehow, and the enclosure where the leds are was totally full of condensation. Don't know for sure what im in for next with these cameras, but you can guarantee unless there are a lot of changes made and verified with them I will not be purchasing or recommending them to anyone.

Gulfcapt

Postby Gulfcapt » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:43 am

Shannon i would call the manufactor and let them know whats going on with the cam, and see if they will make good on their product..

Rubydog

Postby Rubydog » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:21 am

have two of these...one w/ 8mb card capacity & one w/ 16mb capacity w/ viewer screen. Have not had a problem yet ... excellent trigger speed & battery life.... only "empty pics are if something is moving in the wind w/in view ie. tree branch or grass. Very good camera overall

motorbreaker

Postby motorbreaker » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:56 pm

If you havent had them long then take them back where you
bought them.
[left]I've took 3 of them back. One I have is a great camera, But I cant seem to get a second good one. I have the $200 cams.[/left]

lostmyarrow

Postby lostmyarrow » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:53 pm

Here is an update to my 2009 model Bushnell Trophy Trail cameras. I have had seven of these cameras out in the field since February, mid March of 2010. They have given me excellent service. I have them all set for video. The top four batteries are wired in series. The bottom four batteries are wired in series. Now both sets are then wired in parallal. By wiring this way there is only six volt going into the camera. For some reason in the video setting at night, if the bottom set of batteries are not near full charge, you will get random length videos instead of say 30 second which I have mine set for. On another forum awhile back someone had also mentioned this. The only weak spot is the buckle (do not over tighten especially in colder weather). I am able to use SanDisk, Verbatim, Kodak and a new card out here in Canada is Adapta. I use up to 2GB Sd card being other camera makes I have are limited to this size. Kodak works, but not too special. All my cards are formatted in my computer and the ones I put in the Bushnell camera are formatted in that camera when replacing a card. I've used Energizer and am using the earlier rechargeable version by Pure Energy Solutions at the present time. I may switch to Lithium for the cold weather.

PreviousNext

Return to Scouting Cameras