anybody using web trail cams?

vambo991

anybody using web trail cams?

Postby vambo991 » Sat May 15, 2010 4:24 pm

apologize if this has been covered elsewhere, but i couldn't find any comments. Has anyone tried these new web connect trail cams? Are they worth the extra money? Do you have any problems connecting from your hunting grounds? I have to drive an hour to my hunting property, and this could save me a ton of time and gas money... If they work??

GTOHunter

RE: anybody using web trail cams?

Postby GTOHunter » Mon May 17, 2010 12:13 pm

Vambo991....I've been checking out all the different models of the Trail Camera's your talking about and have come down to 1 of them that has some really good features,and that seems to be within my budget?

The Moultrie Game Spy camera's look pretty good right now,the new 2010-2011 Cameras are priced pretty good.I saw one of them in a new Hunting Magazine for around $150.00 and another one in the new BassPro Catalog for $119.99 model D-55 IR Camera.These camera's are compatible with the Moultrie Game Spy Web-based management system and after you buy the cable that connects you via satelite to the internet at $149.99 You will still have to pay a monthly fee depending on the plan You choose,the lowest fee was around $29.99 a month which isn't too bad a price considering the time and gas you'll save plus You can also use it as a security camera too and You can change your settings and check battery life via the internet.You can use up to a 16 GB SD card,the camera uses 6 (six) C batteries and the camera can be used with or without the Web Based Management System.

The older model Moultrie Camera's that originally came out with the Game Spy Management System had problems and issues (top loading that let water and debris get into the card slot) so the newer cameras open from the side like some of the older Moultrie Camera's and the new camera's are suppose to have No visible red-glow like the previous IR Camera's.Since they are so new not many people have tried them out and I'm not sure if there are any reviews in the following Web Sites but who knows they may have them on there by now?

www.chasinggame.com

www.trailcampros.com

The SmartScouter cost around $400.00-$500.00 plus You have a monthly fee also,the other Trail Camera sends pictures straight to your computer (can't think of that brands name?) but you have to be within so many miles or get a better antenna unit and it cost over a $1000.00. Yikes!!! [8|] [:@]

Return to Scouting Cameras