Photo: Raptors Fighting Over Deer Carcass

Ben Sobieck

Photo: Raptors Fighting Over Deer Carcass

Postby Ben Sobieck » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:37 am

A trail cam in Wautoma, Wis., snapped this amazing photo. I'd say it's one of the most amazing shots captured by such a camera.

Everyday Hunter

RE: Photo: Raptors Fighting Over Deer Carcass

Postby Everyday Hunter » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:11 am

Yep. That is amazing, so crisp and clear -- even the composition is great. I have a bunch of photos of a red tailed hawk on a deer carcass. He stayed for about an hour. We have bald eagles around here -- there's a nest about a mile and a half from my house, but I haven't seen any of those on the carcass.

Here's one of my non-amazing photos. Visitors to this carcass have also included crows, bluejays, raccoon, red fox, skunk, bobcat and coyote. For other photos see www.EverydayHunter.com/hunting.

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:12 am

Oops. Double post. Sorry.

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

vipermann7

Postby vipermann7 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:59 am

Amazing picture. It's funny how something that became popular as a hunting tool can also provide us with so much information for so many other reasons. Scientists all over the world use trail cameras in their studies to get video and pictures of rare animals and activities that are almost impossible to capture by stalking and staking out in person. It's also cool to get pictures like this, just average guy with his camera out capturing pictures of animals doing what they do.

Return to Scouting Cameras