Some of my trail cam pics came out red.

4khorn

Some of my trail cam pics came out red.

Postby 4khorn » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:12 pm

Checked my Bushnell Trophy Cam today and some of the pictures came out red.  Ever had this happen?  Any idea why it happened?  Its been cold the last week or two so maybe that has something to do with it.

SHKYBoonie

RE: Some of my trail cam pics came out red.

Postby SHKYBoonie » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:49 pm

I've never had any come out red. I have had a few come out just white. I figured out that it was because I had the camera positioned in such a way that the setting sun was right in the lens. This is about the time the deer would show up. The glare was over exposing the picture.

It may also be that when the pictures were taken there may have been just enough light for it to stay on daytime color and just dark enough for the sensor to turn the IR's on. They glow red when a pic is taken at night and with the color still active, it may have picked it up. Other than that, I would contact Bushnell if it keeps happening. They have been very helpful with the few questions I have had.

GTOHunter

Postby GTOHunter » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:26 pm

I had a few pictures on my Moultrie I-60 Camera come out in solid colors...I think the batteries were getting low and it paused or just messed up in between pictures being taken? [&:]

2tonyb

Postby 2tonyb » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:16 pm

I had a wildgame innovations cam that produced some red pics...and green...and took pictures continually...and would eat a set of batteries in just a couple of days.  Needless to say that cam went back to the store.  An occassional red one wouldn't bother me too much, and in the case above I would guess that the cold weather may have had something to do with it.

Return to Scouting Cameras