Cuddeback IR Trail Camera

bwhntr

Cuddeback IR Trail Camera

Postby bwhntr » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:00 pm

OK, I have been reading about the different trail cameras and their comparisons. According to Cuddeback, on their website, they have a software update in October of this year, to update the camera to help performance. Is there anyone who has the Cuddeback IR, and used this update? I am going to be purchasing another trail camera within the next couple of months. I like this camera, as I have 2. One works great, the other one I sent back, it seems to be working better. If the upgraded software fixes problem issues with this camera, I would like to have another one. I know that there are pros and cons with all trail cameras. I like the Cuddeback Trophy Room, which lets you upload photos and keep track of different moon phases (don't know if the moon has too much effect, but can't hurt), locations of the sun and moon(when the picture was taken), etc. But the pictures have to be from a Cuddeback. One thing about it, they have a 1 year warranty, if I do get another one, and I have trouble with it, I can send it back to the factory, or trade it for another one at the store. Cuddeback has been around for a long time, hopefully they have a software update now that will finially fix most of its problems with this camera. Does have great trigger speed.

PrairieShadow

RE: Cuddeback IR Trail Camera

Postby PrairieShadow » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:47 am

I bought 2 of them, did the updates on both of them before i even put them out this fall. One worked like a charm. The other said the batteries were dead in 2mins and wouldnt take pics. Sent it to cudde and they sent me a brand new one that has preformed awesome.

Battery life is great, at least a 2 month with 50+ pics a week. the only thing i dont like about them is the 30sec delay between pics. Id prefer a 1 sec delay. if a buck is hot on a doe's trail you probably will never know it with these cams.
Hunting isn't a matter of Life or Death
Its MUCH more important than that!

bwhntr

Postby bwhntr » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:23 am

Thanks PrairieShadow.

bwhntr

Postby bwhntr » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:52 am

I just updated both of my Cuddeback Capture IR cameras with their latest software update. I plan on putting them out next weekend. I am going to wait and see how they both perform after the update, before making a decision on my next trail camera purchase. Stay tuned for an update in about a month or so.

Return to Scouting Cameras