Cuddeback Capture

gunther89

Cuddeback Capture

Postby gunther89 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:22 am

I was wondering if anyone has the Cuddeback Capture and what you think of it.  I want to upgrade to something better like a Cuddeback from my Wildview.  Would appreciate anyone who has one and if it has good trigger speed, quality pictures, and long battery life.

coach

RE: Cuddeback Capture

Postby coach » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:15 pm

I have a moultrie, not the expensive kind either....and I love it.
The pictures are clear and batteries last 2 months.  I also have a solar panel
which keeps your battery inside the camera for ever.  My batteries has been in
my camera since late April.  I just changed them 3 weeks ago.  here is a few pics.

Cheers
Ottawa, Ontario

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:21 pm

Nice pics.  Looks like the deer in the 3rd picture is awful thin.....borderline sickly.
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

Goose

Postby Goose » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:27 pm

I was gonna say the deer in the second pic looked a little small. Image
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

schlupis

Postby schlupis » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:22 pm

Goose I passed one like that up this year in northern WI just didnt have the big body like I am looking for LOL.....

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:11 am

I use a Moultrie as well...I'm very happy with it but thinking of upgrading to one that has an infrared, so not to use a flash at night.  The jury is still out on whether or not deer are spooked by the flash, and I'm sure it's on a deer to deer basis, but I would rather not mess with it.  But yes, the Moultrie does an excellent job! 

coach

Postby coach » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:11 am

I also have a i camera by Bushnell....no flash...infrarated .  Now don't get me wrong its not the expensive one. But if the deer is slightly to the right or the left, the picture is not clear.  It seems like the animal has to be dead centre.   Like I said...My camera is about the cheapest.  I'm not sure about the more expensive and better quality.  I am not afraid to use my flash on any of my camera.  I have over 1000 pictures at night with all kind of bucks.   Doesn't seem to be bothering them. 
Maybe they like it.   LOL.  
Cheers
Ottawa, Ontario

bobg444

Postby bobg444 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:45 pm

We traded in a 4 year old cuddeback for a capture.  The new onme is much easier to use and produces better pictures.  We were frustrated with it when we took the memory chip and tried to view it with a Moultrie that can be hooked up to a TV.  The moultrie said the memory chip was blank when in fact it had 150 pictures.  We eventually figured this out.  The Cudde Back is better in cold weather than the Moultrie.  The batteries lasted longer.  I think its a very good camera. 

Southern Man

Postby Southern Man » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:23 am

I bought a cuddeback capture this weekend. Very easy to use, I like it. I've bought 3 moultries since October and 2 of them went bad. I'm not badmouthing Moultries, I have a friend that uses them and loves them. I just thought I'd try something different. The Capture will only take 1 pic at a time and no video like the moultries I had but quite a bit easier to set up and program. I put it out yesterday so I haven't retrieved any pics yet......
We can't continue to do the same things over and over and expect different results

gunther89

Postby gunther89 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:45 am

Thanks everyone sounds like I'll either get a capture or a moultrie.  Hope to get one on sale after Christmas.

Next

Return to Scouting Cameras