Cuddeback Capture

GTOHunter

RE: Cuddeback Capture

Postby GTOHunter » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:00 pm

I bought a new Cudeback Capture IR camera and have had nothing but trouble with it since I got it,it is sitting back here at home with dead batteries again?Each time I set it out I only got a few pictures on it that are poor quality especially the night IR pictures and the battery life was very poor.Now this is with new batteries they reccomend and I have 2 different sets of batteries and both have went dead.I got on-line at the Cuddeback Site and it states that they all need to be upgraded...how nice is that to buy a brand new camera and it won't perform and it already needs to be up-graded?It states that if it shows a code lower than 15-15 it needs to be up-graded (mines shows a code of 12-12).Well I have to down load the new program and have it put on a SD card to transfer it back into my camera to help with the camera to have a further flash and longer battery life!So far I've had all kinds of trouble getting the new program to down-load and can't transfer it to my expensive non-working Cuddeback IR camera.If I don't get the problem resolved soon it is going to go back to the Company/Business I bought it from! [:@] 

billcurry

Postby billcurry » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:48 pm

Lots of different cameras to choice from and many are great and many are over priced too.  I currently use a Wildview IR model I bought earlier this year.  I was a bit worried at the quality/craftsmanship/look and the price was only $89 on clearance at Mills Fleet Farm.  I have used it all spring, summer, fall, and now in the winter and have not been displeased at all!  It has been a work horse all year and has never given me any trouble.  Its a bit slow at times depending on how the deer are moving but it takes crisp pics most of the time.  I used a set of  batteries in it of like 3 weeks and it worked great and then I bought the 12 volt StealthCam battery kit  from Walmart.com for like $30-35 bucks deliveried site to store for pickup (way cheaper that way, but does take longer) and that has been the best purchase ever!  I took over 900 pictures the first time before I had to recharge the battery.  I just got 1040 pictures in like 8 days on a turnip foodplot and the battery was still kick'n!  The camera and battery have been will worth it and the camera is fool proof to use.  In fact I have been so impressed this year I bought another Wildview IR ($80 at Dick's) for "my" Christmas present and cant wait to open it and get it out in the woods.

I not 100% sure on the flash/IR issue....I do know from personal experience that I have used 35mm flash cams in the past and unless I was putting out some "treats" by the cam the mature bucks (3-4 year old deer) would never come back for a second picture. My hunting buddy uses 2 Leafy River flash and 1 StealthCam flash  and I dont remember ever seeing a mature buck hit a scrape more than once this season after the flash went off.
I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. Romans 1:16

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:27 pm

I just bid on a Cuddeback EXpert :) hopefully it lasts, still got a long way to go, figured i would just post here instead of creating a whole new thread lol!

gunther89

Postby gunther89 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:33 pm

bill curry I think that the IR version is crap.  I have heard nothing but bad reviews about the IR version.  My flash version of the capture works great.  The batteries were still going strong after 2 weeks of being in sub zero temps.  The 2 pics are from the capture and the night time pics are clear as day.  If I were you I would go with the flash unless your afraid it will spook the deer.

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:33 pm

nice pics gunther! First one is really unique, cool deer.

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:49 pm

great pics!

that reminds me...what ever happ. to bill curry?
QDM!

bwhntr

Postby bwhntr » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:03 pm

I bought the Cuddeback Capture about a month ago. Set it out today. I am not checking the camera for 4 weeks, but will post some if I have any then. I also have a Leaf River IR, that is no longer made. I set it out also in the same area. Will also post pictures from it, if I have any. Leaf River is a good camera, just kind of hard to figure out setting it up, the Cuddeback Capture IR is very easy to set up. One switch to activate it, after setting the time, date.

coach

Postby coach » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:19 pm

nice pics gunther89.  Very cool and unique.

I just don't understand.

WHy would someone paint the deer white. ?  [:D]
Cheers
Ottawa, Ontario

gunther89

Postby gunther89 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:32 pm

coach she is just trying to blend in with her surroundings.  I figured more deer would want to do that. lol!!

coach

Postby coach » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:40 pm

Maybe a cross breed with a Hare !
Cheers
Ottawa, Ontario

PreviousNext

Return to Scouting Cameras