CuddebackIR

bwhntr

CuddebackIR

Postby bwhntr » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:33 pm

OK, I've purchased 2 of the Cuddeback IR cameras. THe first one that I bought has worked fine and had the same batteries in it since February. The second one I took back, because it ate the batteries in 3 days. They would not give me a refund, so I got another one. After updating from the Cuddeback site, it has worked fine so far. It does have fast trigger speed, and is as simple as turning a knob to set it up. Enough of that. Cuddeback has software taht you can download so taht you can store your pics. The old version was 1.0.0.3, the newest one advertised is 1.0.0.5, and I can not get the newest one to download. Anyone got any suggestions??

bwhntr

RE: CuddebackIR

Postby bwhntr » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:21 am

Well, I've had the second Cuddeback IR out for several wweeks now, and no sign of the battery draining. I think the upgrade that you can get from them helps this out.

gunther89

Postby gunther89 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:37 am

That's good to hear.
Scott

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:07 pm

Nice, thanks for the input..It's been a while since Ive been on the cuddeback site..Ill have to check that out.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

bwhntr

Postby bwhntr » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:27 am

PrairieShadow

Postby PrairieShadow » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:33 pm

I just picked upa pair of these cameras at a great price then read all the horrible reviews about them.

I put one out a week ago with the download installed so we will see what i have on it this next weekend after it has been out for a couple of weeks.
Hunting isn't a matter of Life or Death
Its MUCH more important than that!

GTOHunter

Postby GTOHunter » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:47 pm

I took my CuddebackIR  back to BassProShop and got a Moultrie I-60 instead.....I couldn't get the up-date to download onto the Cuddeback and it wasn't getting a good connection from the batteries for some reason?The night IR pictures were awful and were grainy and the flash didn't reach out much over 10-15 feet at the most.The magazines advertised 3.0 day and 3.0 night pictures but when I got the packaging it read 5.0 day and 1.3 night IR pictures.Maybe they fixed the problem but I will not buy me another one? [:@]

My Moultrie has 72 LED's on it and the Cuddeback had around 46 I believe?Any ways my Moultrie takes some really awesome night pictures and the IR flash reaches out 40-50 feet and the day pictures are very good.I like the easy set up of the Cuddeback and the fast trigger speed but the rest of the Camera was very disappointing to say the least! [:(]

PrairieShadow

Postby PrairieShadow » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:38 pm

I just put my 2nd one of these out and noticed that when i put it in the tree with brand new batteries in it that the B LOW light was on already?

Anyone else experience this problem and did it actually affect camera performance even with the batteries being brand new?

Hunting isn't a matter of Life or Death
Its MUCH more important than that!

bwhntr

Postby bwhntr » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:21 am

PrairieShadow,

I have 2 of the Cuddeback IR's. The first one I bought works great. The second one did as yours is doing. The batteries would not even last 3 days. I sent it back, and they fixed it. I put it out when I got it back, and after a week the B low light was on. I didn't notice it until I moved it to another location, so I just left it there. I checked it 3 weeks later. the B low indicator was still on, but it was still taking pics. I was going to send it back again, but I am going to wait and see how long it will last.

cooter

Postby cooter » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:04 pm

Had 4 "No Flash" models. All junk. Thanks to Bass Pro
for trading them in over and over. They won't do that
anymore so I now have to send them back to Cuddie.
BUYER BEWARE !

Next

Return to Scouting Cameras