Southern Oklahoma Deer

cstrader

Southern Oklahoma Deer

Postby cstrader » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:46 am

Here are some deer from my ranch in Southern Oklahoma.  I have my deer on a strict year-round feeding regimen and as you can see, it is paying off.  The avg. deer I have taken the past 3 years is in excess of 150" and I have pics of several that are  much bigger than that.  I have a deet this year that I have named Hercules, which when you see his picture....you will know why (main frame 6x7 and 3 add'l stickers).  He will gross and net over 190" easy.

DeanoZ

RE: Southern Oklahoma Deer

Postby DeanoZ » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:27 pm

They're definitely well fed and some nice healthy deer...Hercules for sure, but he looks kind of young ?  Hard to tell from that angle

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:02 am

Good looking buck for sure, way above average. I hope he gets to cover a few does before he gets gone. Good for you for letting him get that big in the first place.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

Cgull

Postby Cgull » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:57 am

very nice deer and job well done. too bad my neighbors wont practice game managment, their idea of game managemetn is shooting whatever whenever= arkansas hillbillies.
we should insist the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn`t an American at all

doe assassin

Postby doe assassin » Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:42 pm

Cgull we had the same problems until it got so bad that we left our lease altogether. These people had shot a total of 11 bucks on there 11 acres in front of our 250. they brought all of there family and freinds which u could guesse killed our hunting for the most part last year until we left this year.
I do my grocery shopping in the woods.

Return to Scouting Cameras