What is this animal?

BerkHunter

RE: What is this animal?

Postby BerkHunter » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:25 am

i would say its not a pig, i thought it may have been but the black bear made more sense although there are 2 farms within a mile of the camera that could have had a pig get lose, but i dont think so.  i'll definatly have to spray the camera down though.

Swandog09

Postby Swandog09 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:33 am

My vote is that it is a  bear.  You might want to look into a lock box as well.  If it is a cub then Mama probably isn't too far away and she could do some damage to the cam.
That's why they call it hunting and not getting

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:41 am

It's either a bear or Woods Walker.[:D]
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:26 am

ORIGINAL: Patriot

It's either a bear or Woods Walker.[:D]

HA HA HA HA!  You're giving him too much credit Patriot! [:D]
QDM!

pa3190

Postby pa3190 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:08 am

I know it's a black bear. The "no fur" is just an allusion due to the close up nature of the pic, which sort of smears the fur effect. I know this because I got other pics of the bears that were perfect. By the way, the bears seem to have an uncanny way of getting around my cams without getting a pic taken, initially, then get a paw, a head or a bunch of black as the come around on them and play with them. They love to swat the cams around, although the bear boxes do work quite well. I learned the hard way--they wrecked two last year.

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:56 am

Yeah it deff looks like a bear..I have a pic like that from my trail cams..only thing is that I have jellys and all that good stuff out for the bear to come in.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:12 am

Im guessing my sister-in-law. She sometimes goes to that part of the country for conferences. I can't make out if it is wearing earrings or not.  Did there happen to be a shoe or handbag sale nearby? That would confirm it.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

Previous

Return to Scouting Cameras