Best Scout Camera

cooter

RE: Best Scout Camera

Postby cooter » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:30 pm

The Chasing Game is a great site. It was dead on about the cudde back "No Flash". Total piece of junk !! I have four of these losers, and thanks only to Bass Pro (where I bought them), they would trade them in each year as everyone would fail with different issues.Well they stopped doing that at the beginning of the year, and now I am down to two working units. I tried to talk to the service people at cudde, but it seems like they kinda got an attitude. Now I have a  RMA # to send one back for repair. This should be interesting. Don't know if they still make this model, lord I hope not, but if they do , DO NOT BUY IT.

hunt4fun

RE: Best Scout Camera

Postby hunt4fun » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:36 pm

We got a moultrie last year and it has been working great.  We even left it up all winter (Wisconsin) and it still had battery life when we checked it I think around late January.  This was an IR model that was under 200, I think 199.  If your husband doesn't mind a flash camera, there are a lot of options, including the cuddeback.  We personally don't use flash cameras anymore because we think they spook deer in our area.  My dad was set up on the same trail to a food source two years ago that we had a camera on.  He could hear a group of does walking along the trail, when all of a sudden, they took off running.  He saw the flash and knew exactly what happened.  Ever since then, we stopped using them.  Also, from our flash pics at night of bucks on scrapes, we never get more than one pic, so I gotta believe they leave as soon as that flash goes off.

Previous

Return to Scouting Cameras