Cuddeback camera

bucktale

Cuddeback camera

Postby bucktale » Thu May 07, 2009 1:43 pm

I was wondering if anybody tried out the new capture by cuddeback. I got 4 of the expert but only 1 is working. One that doesn't work was kind of my fault because I had it out when we got about 6 inches of rain and it was under water next to the river behind my house for about 3 days. I'm going bear hunting and I need to get some new ones or the old ones fixed. Just need some input as how reliable they are.

gunther89

RE: Cuddeback camera

Postby gunther89 » Thu May 07, 2009 2:31 pm

bucktale I love my capture that I have.  The pictures are clear and the trigger speed is the best i've seen.  The battery life is also great.  My first set lasted me 2 months in temps that were in the single digits for a low and 20's for a high.  Overall it's the best camera out there for the price it is.  

Scott

Goose

Postby Goose » Thu May 07, 2009 4:16 pm

I just got one a week ago, have it out there but have not checked the pics yet.
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

duckunder

Postby duckunder » Fri May 08, 2009 1:53 am

Well, I too was looking for a camera lately, so I looked on the Cabelas website to compare some camara's, and I tell ya, if you look at the reviews for the capture, I would say 75% of the people said they didnt like the capture, mostly because of the bad battery life... I was very surprised by this... I can see one or two people getting a bad one, but in general, alot of people not happy with it.... Check it out for yourself and read the reviews.... That scared me enough that I went and bought the Moultree I-40.. I havent put it out yet, but overall, it got pretty good reviews, and was about $210 I think....   

bucktale

Postby bucktale » Fri May 08, 2009 2:06 am

Thanks for the input. Nice and clear pictures gunther. It sounds like your really pleased with it. I know the last couple of experts I bought had longer battery life than the earlier models and the newer ones are suppose to be even better yet. Guess i'll have to do some shopping around to see if I can get a good price. Was planning on getting two of them with the bear safe. I know when the last time I went bear hunting back in 2000 I had bought 35mm camera and built a bear proof cover for it. I'm glad I did because once in while the bear would check out the camera with there paws and teeth. That was the first time I got hooked on useing a camera. It was fun but expensive because you where always buying film and then going to a 1 hour photo shop. I could not wait to see what was on the film.

deerman69

Postby deerman69 » Fri May 08, 2009 3:48 am

I got the capture 2 months ago and I'm very pleased with the performance of it. I already have 4 experts but the wife said NO to another one thats why I got the capture. We have bears up by me so it's an automatic to use the bear safe. Good luck deerman69 [:)]

bucktale

Postby bucktale » Fri May 08, 2009 12:20 pm

To duckunder, I just looked up cabelas for capture and they had 92% of the ones that really gave a thumbs up for them. Don't know where you were looking but out of the ones I read there was only one guy who was totally disgusted with cuddeback. Didn't read them all but the over all rate was 92%, something like 146 rating it good to excellent out of 162.

GTOHunter

Postby GTOHunter » Wed May 20, 2009 4:33 pm

I can tell you that the "Capture IR" from Cuddeback is a piece of junk....I couldn't keep batteries in mine,it would go dead like it wasn't getting a connection and the battery life was very very poor and short-lived.It stated in the catalogs that it had 3.0 pictures day and night,when I got it in the mail the package showed 5.0 day and 1.3 IR night pictures,and the IR night pic's were very poor and grainy,day pic's were poor quality with some what fish-eye looking quality on the outter edges of the picture?The speed and simplicity of the Camera were very good but everything else was lousy...I couldn't log-in at the place I bought my Camera or I would have left a bad review on it.When I got to the Cudeback Site it said you need to up-grade the camera if it showed a code of 12-12 or lower,each time I tried to down-load the upgrade and put it back onto the camera with the SD card it wouldn't work or take the newer upgrade.Hopefully they fixed the problem by now?I would have went with the regular "Capture" camera but I wanted a camera with the IR capabilities!I ended up taking it back to the St. Louis BassProSHop and getting a Moultrie I-60 IR camera and I love it and have had good results with it and great pictures and long battery life too.My next camera will be the Moultrie I-40 camera. 

gunther89

Postby gunther89 » Thu May 21, 2009 8:55 am

I agree with you GTOHunter.  I have heard nothing but bad reviews about the capture IR.
Scott

passin through

Postby passin through » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:13 pm

I have the regular capture with flash.  It does not measure up in pic quality to my expert but it does have some control features I like better than the expert.  All in all its a great little camera for the money.  Everything I have come to expect from Cuddeback for overall quality. 
Below are some pictures I got from this camera's first set

It matters not the weapon nor its caliber, rather the caliber of the one who wields it.

Next

Return to Scouting Cameras