how many cam's to have?

grizz

RE: how many cam's to have?

Postby grizz » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:55 pm

I have been running 5 cams .3 cuddie and 2 new Scoutguards, great camera and batteries last a long time getting some great pixs with them. Cuddie batteries not lasting to long

hunt4ever

Postby hunt4ever » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:18 am

Deanoz, I just saw your response and appreciate your inputs. I am still not getting notified via e-mail when someone replies.  Some time ago, Goose indicated that it is a system problem and that the Forum techies are working on it and I assume that they still are.  Anyway, I didn't realize that the cams are tripped by IR only and not by both IR and motion.  I have learned that getting nothing photos are minimized if you can keep the cams in the shade.  For example a cam strapped to a tree pointing North.  As indicated previously that does not always work.  I have not been able to get anymore photos of the buck in question, but sure I will one of these days. 

I did get a sequence of 3 photos, 15 seconds apart, that is very interesting, ref. attached.  I believe Photo labeled UFO#1 is the 1st in the sequence of three photos taken 15 second apart.  Although I don't think so, I may have the sequence in reverse where what ever it is it initially was on the ground and after it took off photo labeled UFO#1 was automatically triggered.   That would make more sense from the trigger time it takes to get from the cam sleep mod to snapping the photo labeled UFO#3 (showing nothing on the ground) and Photos labeled #UFO#2 (showing an eye, I think) & UFO#1 (showing it in the air) were automatically triggered 15 seconds apart.  The only thing I can think of is a hawk that swooped down to get a rodent or rabbit. It almost looks like a big butterfly, but it looks way too bigImage  What do you thinkImageImage
I would be unstoppable...If I could just get going!

3 to 1

Postby 3 to 1 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:50 pm

I have 2 cams on a 60acre orchard and then I also use them on a small 10acre parcel with a large garden and a couple of fruit trees. I use 2 on the small parcel to watch what enters from the surrounding properties. It seems like there is 2 different herds. One group stays by the fruit trees and the other group stays at the garden end of the small property.

Previous

Return to Scouting Cameras