Bought a few new cams today....

DeerCamp

Bought a few new cams today....

Postby DeerCamp » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:00 pm

Well I own a cuddeback and I LOVE IT! However with the price of that camera I get a little scared at times putting it out. I wish they would make better security for them... So with that beeing said I was at the local walmart today and they had the wildgame innovations trail camera for sale for $50 bucks... I bought a few of them and will be placing them out either today or tomorrow. I feel a lot better about this camera, yes its cheap but hey at least if it gets stolen I wont be as upset as I woulda been if its my cuddeback.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

fasteddie

RE: Bought a few new cams today....

Postby fasteddie » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:38 pm

I didn't learn a lesson . I have 3 Wildview cams and they are all junk !!! Regular battery eaters . I sent Wildview an e-mail a couple weeks ago
and never heard back from them . I am tempted to put them out on public hunting land with the thought that some thief might take them . Then
he would be stuck with these POS's ! [:@]
Semper Fi !

bigwisconsinbucks

Postby bigwisconsinbucks » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:55 pm

I also bought a Cuddeback recently and I love it! I was looking at those cameras at Walmart too and am interested to see what they are like. Let me know how you like it and the pros/cons of it. Thanks.
Kyle

passin through

Postby passin through » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:00 pm

I am running 4 right now......I just bought one of the cuddeback capture models and have been very impressed.  It is everything i have come to expect from Cuddeback.  My other Models are a Cuddeback Expert which is great...have seen none better.  A Leaf River 3IBUR which unless pointed straight at a protein feeder and set with brand new batteries is all but useless.  ( I don't throw rocks much but that was 300 plus dollars blown on a POS)  I also am running a Wildview Extreme 2 which is as good as a 50 dollar camera is going to get....I guess.  All in all I won't be buying another non Cuddeback product....they may be a bit more pricey but you get what you pay for.
It matters not the weapon nor its caliber, rather the caliber of the one who wields it.

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:03 pm

I hope you have a lot better luck than I did with the wildgame innovations cam's. I will never buy them again, My buddy and I bought 2 and ended up sending the first 2 both back, because they would't take pictures well ok they did but when they did they took them 10 mins after we left for a 20 minute interval and then never worked again. The other two did the same as the first 2 we bought. Sent em back and got my money back for good, terrible product, I hate to say it but that's why they are $50 bucks. Like I said I hope they work a lot better for you though!
Matt Cain
SE MI

Them Darned ol' deer.

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:55 pm

Yeah..I am a little worried about how it will work.. But I only opened one and for that reason.. if it doesnt work, ill take it back.. Like I said though. I just want to see how it does and if good then great! if not ill take it back.all in all its better than putting the cuddeback out on state land..even with a lock that doesnt stop anyone now a days.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:30 pm

You are extremely brave putting a cuddeback out on stateland. I don't know if I could do that I would constantly lol! Let us know how they work out and if they produce some good pics, when the one(s) I had actually took pics they were really nice and clear, but like I said they only took em right after I turned em on for some reason, but hopefully they work a lot better for you!
Matt Cain
SE MI

Them Darned ol' deer.

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:49 pm

Just curious do you all use security boxes when you put your cams out on public land?  If you did I'm guessing it was not much of a deterrent for those whose cams got stolen?

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:52 pm

ohh yeah, im make sure that i use locks and chains.. i even bought a few of the lock boxes on ebay.. but the theft was still able to get the one cam.

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:56 pm

Please let us know how they work.  I have a moultrie D-40 right now that I'm happy with (about $100), but would like to invest in a few more, but something a little cheaper.  When it comes to these cameras though, I've also heard you get what you pay for (to a certain extent).
QDM!

Next

Return to Scouting Cameras