Night Time Infared Pictures

Haywood

Night Time Infared Pictures

Postby Haywood » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:41 pm

Has anyone figured out a way to make night time infared pictures more clear? I have an option of changing the contrast, brightness, tint, saturation, and color temperature but none of these really help. The reason I ask is because I have several of these pictures with big racked deer but due to the quality of the night time infared pictures I am unable to see the details of the antlers. Any suggestions?

duckunder

RE: Night Time Infared Pictures

Postby duckunder » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:07 am

well, I'm not positive, but I dont think there is anything you can do about it.... That is the one drawback of the IR cameras... Everyone I talk to has this problem, me included.... 

GTOHunter

RE: Night Time Infared Pictures

Postby GTOHunter » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:57 am

You may be able to improve the picture quality a little with the features you mentioned but the big thing is how many mega pixels your trail camera has!I had a new Cuddeback Capture IR camera and the night IR pictures were very poor with only 1.3 mega pixels the quality was very poor,it did have a way to up-grade the flash but it had too many issue/problems so I returned it and got me a Moultrie I-60 camera.It has 6.0 mega pixels and the night IR pictures are very good and clear compared to other IR camera's on the market.Now if the Deer moves very much or quickly it will be a little blurry but other wise I have some really nice pictures of several Bucks and Doe's with Fawns and I can change it to Video and get some nice video's of the Deer actually moving.

Return to Scouting Cameras