Smart scouter camera

duckunder

Smart scouter camera

Postby duckunder » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:14 am

Does anybody have one of these yet ?  There is no way I can afford to have one, but was wondering if anyone out there has one yet.... They look like they would be awesome.. I would never get anything done at work if I had one of these, I would be checking it from my computer all day long...  Anyway, I hope they come down in price and also the wireless monthly package needs to come down before I will ever own one....

Swandog09

RE: Smart scouter camera

Postby Swandog09 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:12 am

I do not have one but your right they are expensive.  Plus there is a per picture charge in addition to the monthly service.

In the off season if you want to suppend the pictures from coming in you have to pay for that as well.  They call it hibernation mode and cost about half the monthly charge.

Not for me.

Haywood

Postby Haywood » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:37 pm

What is the monthly charge for this service?

Swandog09

Postby Swandog09 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:54 pm

The last time I checked it was $14.00 per month plus the per picture charge of $.04. To suspend it...it is $7.00 per month.

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:09 am

It would be fun, but costs do need to come down.  Plus I would want some type of guarantee that I could get service anywhere on my property.
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:47 am

It would be nice to get one of theses..I would be scared it would get stolen.. However, at least this way I could see who stole it..The other downside...Id never get anything done..Id always be checking back.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

Return to Scouting Cameras