Wanted: Card reader/viewer advice

whiteoaks

RE: Wanted: Card reader/viewer advice

Postby whiteoaks » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:54 am

A lot of good ideas - thanks everyone!

I think I'll go the route of a digital camera (I need a new one anyway and I'll make sure I get one with compatible cards).  Then the card reader for at home is indeed a minor investment. 

I'm also interested by Bucktale's (great name by the way) printer idea.  There might be one of those mini-printers I could buy that also has a viewer, but I don't know if they work without a PC.  Good comments about using an old PC too.  Damn if I didn't just chuck mine last year after 5 years in the basement.  Maybe my brudder in law has one...

Hit 'em in the heart!

shadow

Postby shadow » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:59 pm

whiteoaks, I also wanted to add that many portable DVD players have an Sd card slot and they can be found used or picked up new for less than 100.00 (and you can then play DVDs in the blind or camp as well).
Also kids Nintendo DSi game players (the new version) also come with Sd card slots to view and store pictures.
I want to also mention that some new TV's have an Sd card slot for viewing as well.

My suggestions of the DSi or TV aren't gonna save you any cash when you want to only view your trail cam pictures, but I just wanted to let you know that besides a camera, card viewer, or computer there are other items out there to read your cards.

whiteoaks

Postby whiteoaks » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:00 am

The DVD is an excellent idea!

I have an old monster of a TV I'm going to take to camp for the very reason of viewing DVD's, so I'll make sure I get a player with a card slot!

Wo-hoo!

Previous

Return to Scouting Cameras