Any Guesses on how the "Kickers" will turn out?

BigCTD

Any Guesses on how the "Kickers" will turn out?

Postby BigCTD » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:52 am

He is most definatly not a shooter and a young deer but the base's of his main beams have sparked my interested while going through my trail cam pic's last night. I shot an 11 off of this same property 2 years ago with a triple brow tine on one side. Hopefully i can follow this fella through the winter and into next year!

My question is... How does everyone think the "kickers" on the base of his main beams will turn out? Drop, points, rounded, 2 or 3 points, etc... I havnt seen this before and I am very interested to follow his progress

ranwin33

RE: Any Guesses on how the "Kickers" will turn out?

Postby ranwin33 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:21 am

Can't say I've seen anything like that either, at least in velvet.

My guess would be small stickers rounded around the base.  Once he loses the velvet and starts to rub, he might actually rub some down to nothing.  An 11 point deer I shot lost a sticker that way, or at least I figure that's how it ended up going away.
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

BigCTD

Postby BigCTD » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:25 am

ORIGINAL: ranwin33

Can't say I've seen anything like that either, at least in velvet.

My guess would be small stickers rounded around the base.  Once he loses the velvet and starts to rub, he might actually rub some down to nothing.  An 11 point deer I shot lost a sticker that way, or at least I figure that's how it ended up going away.

Thanks for the reply!

I am hoping he can make it another year and have the same "kickers" and i'd like to see them grow out maybe 2-3"'s... Good poing about him rubbing them down or even off... ill post a picture later (pics on my home computer) of the brow tine's on the other buck i took of this property... He was 3.5 when i shot him with not so perfect genetics but his brow tines were very irregualer. The base of his left antler grew out like a crown almost... very neat!! This property doesnt have the best nutrition readily available but i have consistantly seem Non-typical bucks here!

All other opinoin's welcome!!

BigCTD

Postby BigCTD » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:00 am

This deer came from the same spot only about 75 yards away and 2 years earlier

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:32 pm

Interesting question, but I can't really take a good guess. I can see several different ways of how they might turn out.

But, are you teasing us with the partial photos of the mount? How about showing us the whole thing?

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

BigCTD

Postby BigCTD » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:34 am

ORIGINAL: Everyday Hunter

Interesting question, but I can't really take a good guess. I can see several different ways of how they might turn out.

But, are you teasing us with the partial photos of the mount? How about showing us the whole thing?

Steve

HA HA no way! Ill see if i can get some taken and posted up!! I dont currently have the whole rack in a photo but ill check it later when i get home!

Return to Scouting Cameras