Another Moultrie question

Everyday Hunter

Another Moultrie question

Postby Everyday Hunter » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:14 pm

I have two Moultrie D-40 cameras. They work well, and they put the date and time on the bottom of the photo.

My problem is this: When I open the files in my computer, the files are all dated 1/1/2000, no matter when they were taken. Does anyone know how to get them to record the correct date on the files themselves?

Thanks.

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

coach

RE: Another Moultrie question

Postby coach » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:57 pm

I have 2 of them myself......Can't help you.
I don't have that problem.  Check with Moultrie customer service

sorry
Cheers
Ottawa, Ontario

HoneyHole

Postby HoneyHole » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:43 am

Try rebooting the camera by taking out the watch battery for a minute or so. See if that works.

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:26 am

ORIGINAL: HoneyHole

Try rebooting the camera by taking out the watch battery for a minute or so. See if that works.

Maybe that would work, but I don't know where the watch battery is. I can't find it. I can't find where it goes. And it's not mentioned in the manual. So, I'm not sure this model has one.

Thanks. I'm going to call Moultrie.

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

HoneyHole

Postby HoneyHole » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:34 am

ORIGINAL: Everyday Hunter

ORIGINAL: HoneyHole

Maybe that would work, but I don't know where the watch battery is. I can't find it. I can't find where it goes. And it's not mentioned in the manual. So, I'm not sure this model has one.

Thanks. I'm going to call Moultrie.

Steve

I don't have a D-50 but I had 3 of the older version cameras. The battery was in a vertical slot holder that you had to pull out towards you. It was on the right hand side of the battery compartment with the camera facing you. Mine has contacts for a solar charger to com=nnect to it, and it was right by those.

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:57 am

I just got off the phone with Melanie at Moultrie. She said the D-40 doesn't have the button-cell battery, that only the older ones did. That was to keep the settings when the D-batteries were removed.

She suggested that it wasn't a problem with the camera, but maybe it was my computer. She said that it might change when I renamed the photo, but it doesn't. I wondered if it might be the SD cards. She said some cards are problematic with Moultire cameras. I'm using Kingston 1GB cards. I just bought some new 4GB cards, and checked them. They're also Kingston. I put one in and it still registers 1/1/2000 12:00 AM in the file data.

I guess I need to scare up another brand of SD card, or try these in another computer.

This isn't a huge problem, but I don't like having to open the file to see what the date is.

Steve

HoneyHole

Postby HoneyHole » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:14 am

I know some different types of cameras don't like certain SD cards. Some of them won't accept cards over 1GB. I have Kingstons, PQi's Sandisks, and I have had a few not work right. But I never saw any kind of pattern to them. I save mine in a file folder that I name by the date that I retrieved the card. 

69Viking

Postby 69Viking » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:12 am

I work with computers and own a D-40 myself but I haven't had that problem.  I don't know how they can blame the computer for a time stamp that a camera is supposed to put on a picture.  If you want to confirm that it is a camera problem and not the computer connect the TV out to a TV and view the pictures on the TV, if the time stamp is still wrong then it is most likely the camera that is at fault because a TV doesn't have anything that can affect a time stamp. 

Also, in most cases if you are going to have a problem with memory cards it's going to be in getting them to actually be read by the camera.  If the camera is copying photos to the memory card I can't see how it wouldn't copy the correct date and time unless the date and time was either not set or was stuck at a particular date and time.  Borrow a friends card of a different brand just to be sure.  Then if the time stamp is still incorrect and with the TV test you should call Moultrie back.  It sounds like Melanie took the easy way out rather than truly troubleshooting the issue with you.  I hope this helps you get your problem resolved.  Trail cams aren't much help in located deer if you don't what date and time they were there. 

HoneyHole

Postby HoneyHole » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:57 am

Everyday- What did you come up with? Did you figure it out? 

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:52 am

I got outbid on my Cuddeback but i only got an hr left for this camera, im pretty excited, hoping i dont get outbid at the last minute considering i will be in class and don't get wireless in that building :/

As for the issue u have everydayhunter i agree it sounds like she didn't really troubleshoot anything, hopefully its just a certain SD card tho, they are really cheap these days, i know i would be extremely disappointed if the date and stuff didn't print right. That takes a lot away from trying to pattern the movements of the deer :/ Hope everything works out for ya!

Next

Return to Scouting Cameras