Another Moultrie question

reeper0697

RE: Another Moultrie question

Postby reeper0697 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:19 am

Everyday hunter,

I have 2 D-40's and an older moultrie that requires the the watch battery. Like you said they stamp the time and date correctly on the photo but whenever I open mine they are listed as "MDGC0001, MGDC0002, ect" or "ICAM001, ICAM002, ect" I have never had them line in a date fashion unless you keep them all in a big folder and "arrange icons from newest to oldest". Maybe there is a way to but I have never found that out. 

What I usually do is every time I check a camera I make a "new folder" for the pictures and then I title the folder for example, "12.3.08 8pt buck clover field"  So I know what pictures are in it. Then when I want to view them later I can just go into whatever folder I need to. I hope this helps
Put me on a mountain, way back in the backwoods
Put me on a lake with biggin' on the line
Put me around a campfire cookin' something I just cleaned

shadow

Postby shadow » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:20 pm

reeper0697,  or anyone...
with the d-40's not having a backup battery for the date and time, will you need to reset the date and time each time the batteries die? I have 2 of them and have not yet experienced either dead batteries or  removing them from the unit.

reeper0697

Postby reeper0697 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:31 pm

Shadow,

Yes, that is the downfall to not having the watch battery in it.

I have had times where I change the batteries quickly and the time may be a few minutes off or even right on (date is good) and others where the time has been way off. But I have also had times when they sat for a bit without batteries in them and I had to set date and time. I would just check the date/time whenever you change batteries just to be safe. 

shadow

Postby shadow » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:19 am

Yes I'll do that. Gotta have the right date and time. Thanks.

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:42 pm

I got mine all set up today and everything it was SO SIMPLE!  I was very pleased at the ease of setting it up, but im hesitant to put it out yet because its still pretty cold and my other trail cam freaked out from it being so cold, how have your D-40 cams handled the cold weather? Should i be worried or should i just go for it?
Matt Cain
SE MI

Them Darned ol' deer.

reeper0697

Postby reeper0697 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:56 pm

Demoderby4,

Go ahead it should be fine. I live in northern ny and we have had some cooold temps and both of mine have been fine. Just make sure you have some good batteries. I bought rechargable ones when I went through a rechargable battery phase and they are very weak cheap ones so they dont last for squat in the cold. I bought Rayovac's 6 of them for 6 bucks at walmart and they have been out a few weeks

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:09 pm

Reeper

I went ahead and put it out, hoping to get out and check it this weekend or latest by monday, i'll post pics hopefully... lol [:D]
Matt Cain
SE MI

Them Darned ol' deer.

reeper0697

Postby reeper0697 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:15 pm

Demoderby4,

Let us know how it turns out! One of my D-40's actually takes better night pictures than the others so I am curious how yours look. Hope it works out for ya!

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:01 am

Nothing yet, all the snow melted and then froze over so i had a huge pond like ice sheet covering the area where my cam was,no tracks, no nothing, only one somewhat fresh spot of droppings about 30 yds away, so that kind of sucked, i took it down and moved it, hopefully i get a little better luck this week!!
Matt Cain
SE MI

Them Darned ol' deer.

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:27 am

Nothing this week either, well i shouldn't say nothing, the owner of the land i hunt and his son with a couple dogs rabbit hunting lol! I didn't see him or his son at first, they were off in the distance some and the dogs kinda looked like hogs from the position they were in, i was like no way! lol! But no they were just dogs lol, and a couple of some coons and i think some snow or rain set the camera off a few times, and a couple nice pics of me making sure the camera was working lol [:D] I'm leaving itthis spot one last week and hoping i get something, if not i will take it down and move it to another spot! I like the D-40 so far, good pics, a little more clarity would be good, but no complaints really!
Matt Cain
SE MI

Them Darned ol' deer.

PreviousNext

Return to Scouting Cameras