Another Moultrie question

Everyday Hunter

RE: Another Moultrie question

Postby Everyday Hunter » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:05 pm

ORIGINAL: OHhunter

Glad hear they stand behind their product, I may be call MAM. My moultrie D-40 is acting up.  Everytime I put memory card it in it says SD card locked and will not take any pictures nor will any of the buttons work when it does this.

Good luck, OH. The main question will be how old the camera is, and whether you registered the warranty.

Even though I didn't register the warranties, I was fortunate because it turned out that the defect was a verified problem from the beginning. Even though I couldn't prove the age of the cameras, they could tell by serial numbers that they were in a group that failed to properly record the date/time in the file information. Since they knew my cameras didn't function properly from the beginning, there was really no question.

I would not have been so fortunate if my cameras had functioned properly from the outset, and then malfunctioned later. Without registration or proof of date purchased I would have had no warranty.

For your problem, if the camera is out of warranty your best hope is that they will have some kind of re-boot function that will clear this error. Otherwise, the cost of getting an under-$100 camera fixed probably won't be worth it. I think the warranty is one year, which is actually pretty good for an electronic device.

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

FFKEVIN

Postby FFKEVIN » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:37 pm

[font="Tahoma"]I've had GREAT customer service from Moultrie!!! We had a feeder break and 2 cameras and all the items we sent to them and received new one in exchange, no questions asked. I couldn't be happier dealing with them![/font]
�Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak.� - Ted Nugent

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:54 pm

Mines a couple years old, I actually found a memory card that worked.  Don't know why the others didn't, used them all last season.  Oh well.  Took one out of my daughters camera to swap when I check it in a week or so hope it works.
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:47 pm

Brad:
Try reformatting the SD cards. It might help.

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:30 pm

Thanks for the tip I'll give it a shot.
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

drdaven

Postby drdaven » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:53 am

I had the same thing happen that Reeper did.  They sent me a new D-40 to replace my older camera.

I sent a very grateful thank you to their service department. 

Let the folks at Moultrie know that they have a GREAT service dept.  I am sure they appreciate the good words.
Hunting the Michigan Thumbs agricultural mecca...farm country bucks taste the best.

Previous

Return to Scouting Cameras