Do you have unusual photos?

Dan Schmidt

Do you have unusual photos?

Postby Dan Schmidt » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:38 am

Hi everyone,

As you might have noticed from our recent print issues, we have totally revamped the "Deer Browse" section of the magazine, including placing it far forward in the magazine. If you have any weird or unusual trail-cam photos, we would like to see them! Please email them to managing editor Jacob Edson here at the office ... jacob.edson@fwmedia.com.

I just received a really cool one this morning of a doe with two huge papilomas (one under each eye). We are offering a free 2010 Whitetail Calendar and a DH Almanac to anyone who submits a photo that is used in the magazine.

Best,

Dan

msbadger

RE: Do you have unusual photos?

Postby msbadger » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:07 pm

Dan I have one on my phone of a young deer I had to put down last year...but I don't know how to get it from phone to ...any where[&:]...talk me thru it and I'll send it along.........

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:33 pm

Time to crack out the old photo bucket.. Im sure I can find one or two in there..
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:16 am

I found some unusual Deere pics on my Trail Cam a couple years ago .........

Semper Fi !

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:14 pm

ORIGINAL: fasteddie

What's up with that buck's antler?

I'm wondering what caliber it would take to knock down that first Deere.

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

Dan Schmidt

Postby Dan Schmidt » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:28 am

MS: I'll have Ben, our resident tech expert, try to help you with you photo.

FastEddie and Steve: Looks like that buck has the "contralateral" effect. Typically results in a deformity like this when there is an injury to the opposite side of the torso, leg or foot. We have documented this a few times in the magazine. The heaviest buck I ever shot had a similar configuration. The effect usually lasts for a couple of seasons, but it can disappear as the buck ages and, hence, allow the buck to revert to a "normal" rack. Not always, but sometimes.

Best,
Dan

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:30 am

Thanks Dan..I tried to get it to photobucket ..but [:o][&:]geeez...Then tried to e-mail it to me but...[>:][:@]...Geezzz!....all I know how to do is text message them...It's how I let the family know I've gotten something when at camp...I actually hate cell phones...but they serve a purpose

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:36 am

Well seeing it disappeared and I was wondering what your thoughts were ....I'll repost.....this little guy was taken out last year...noticed him coming from far away because he had a bad huffing like cough...when he got closer he was going to get a pass but upon walking undernieth ...it was the smell of walking death..eeewww...when checked out just yrds away there was a blk tar like stuff all around his back side...not even the yotes would touch him for weeks...We think he ran into a car and the contuition was too much and infection set it ...for his body to handle...???

="http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/madbadger/deerii1.jpg

="http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/madbadger/NewImage.jpg"

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:08 am

No thoughts on what may have caused such a massive...hhmm what ever that was ...bulge on that deer....it almost seemed attached to his throat right up to and under his chin...from the cough... I think it was suphicating him...and at his chest bone it was the size of a basket ball...I think the blk was from his liver shutting down...I've seen liver cancer ppl cough up similar looking stuff at the end......

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:36 am

Did you cut him open to see if it was tumor or something similar.
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

Next

Return to Scouting Cameras