Do you have unusual photos?

msbadger

RE: Do you have unusual photos?

Postby msbadger » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:27 am

No the smell he was giving off ...well it made me nervious to just drag him a few more yrds from the stand...I poked it with a long stick and it felt firm put still kinda fluid...learned from having animals unless you are geared up with face mask and shield ...protective clothing ...you should'nt go lancing things your not sure of...it can get you VERY ill in some cases...two weeks later he was still there... but the mass was gone..just loose skin...bugs...not animals had opened it up on the ground side (assumption)...no visible animals had touched him at that point....

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:57 am

ORIGINAL: msbadger

Well seeing it disappeared and I was wondering what your thoughts were ....I'll repost.....this little guy was taken out last year...noticed him coming from far away because he had a bad huffing like cough...when he got closer he was going to get a pass but upon walking undernieth ...it was the smell of walking death..eeewww...when checked out just yrds away there was a blk tar like stuff all around his back side...not even the yotes would touch him for weeks...We think he ran into a car and the contuition was too much and infection set it ...for his body to handle...???

="http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/madbadger/deerii1.jpg

="http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/madbadger/NewImage.jpg"

msbadger:
I shot a doe that looked exactly like that once. It was with a group of other deer and I wasn't going to shoot it. It separated from the others and came walking toward me -- about 125 yards. When it got to about 50 yards I could see this huge mass on its chest that quivered like jelly. It was obviously sick, so I shot it. I tagged it and took it to the wildlife conservation officer who lives in the area. He couldn't say what it was except that it was some kind of infection. He took the deer and issued me another tag.

I never took any photos, but the deer looked exactly like the photo you posted.

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:32 am

Yep I've done that several times here with deer others shot and they made it to our place...one fawn had a hole you could fit a base ball thru just below it's spine...another dogs ate the rear end off and someone had shot it's front leg off and a 7pt that had it's rib sticking 6ins out between it's shoulders ....figure that was a car strike...all had the "green meanie" and the DEC replaced tags....this little guy had me too worried to mess with...I've learned to trust that nagging little voice on some things and it was screaming...... to stay away on this one.....still think he ran into the side of a car and blood pooled there and it was a massive infection....God bless them deer are a tough lot....

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:00 am

heres one from last year

="http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/madbadger/plotpicsjuly001.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a>

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:43 am

Here's a pic I got a couple years ago of a buck that has a 3 beam that looks to be coming from the side of his head.  I had him at 60 yds the opening morning of bow season but didn't see him again until late November, after I had already used my buck tag.

Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

Previous

Return to Scouting Cameras