Not sure what you're doing wrong, but posting photos can be tricky.
Here's what I do:
1. Click "Embed picture in post" so you don't forget to do that.
2. For photos that are on your computer, click on "Click here to upload."
3. Click the "Browse" button -- one for each photo you want to upload from your computer to host at D&DH.
4. Scroll that box down (it's easy to overlook this step because the box doesn't open big enough to see what you must do at the bottom.)
5. Click on "OK." (note that D&DH supports only .jpg, .txt and .gif files.
6. Then click on "OK" or "Preview" in the reply text box that you're working in.
That should do it. I went through these steps in posting this deer skeleton I found during spring gobbler season. Also note that the pictures do not show up in the preview window -- I don't know why.
When the Everyday Hunter
isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.