More blak bears

deerman69

More blak bears

Postby deerman69 » Sun May 17, 2009 10:02 am

I just wanted to share some new bear pictures,Thanks deerman69 [:)]

8uck5nort

RE: More blak bears

Postby 8uck5nort » Sun May 17, 2009 11:40 am

I know nothing of bears and bear hunting living here in Indiana, but a couple of those bears have some bare spots. Is that some kinda of mange or something? Is it just normal for them this time of year?
Veni, Vidi, Sagittam Mittere, now I'm ready for my nap :)

deerman69

Postby deerman69 » Mon May 18, 2009 4:35 am

Ther bears rub to get rid of their winter coats. Thats why when you go on a spring bear hunt you have to be sure that their are no rub marks on the hide. Hope this helps. deerman69 [:)]

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Mon May 18, 2009 3:38 pm

Man thats sweet! I really enjoy seeing these's as Im planning on going bear hunting for the first time this year.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Mon May 25, 2009 9:12 am

Lots of times you'll see the rubs on their shoulders. A friend of mine was hunting brown bears on Kodiak Island, Alaska, and one big bear looked like all the hair was rubbed off his front half. He named that bear "Shirtless."

The one in the picture above must have been dragging his bottom on the ground. Nice photos.

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

Return to Scouting Cameras