Moultrie I40 Reviews

whitetailtime

RE: Moultrie I40 Reviews

Postby whitetailtime » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:38 am

Goose, I have 2 I40"s that I have had for 3 years. The only issues that I have had is the information boards going blank. I called moultrie and told them my problem. They told me I had 2 options, send them the cameras and they would replace them or send me the parts and I could do it myself..They sent me the boards(at no cost) and I replaced them myself. Set of phillips micro screw drivers is all that is needed. Have not had any problems since.

2tonyb

Postby 2tonyb » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:47 pm

I've had 3 I-40 cameras. Eventually all 3 digital displays went out. They were all out in less than 1 year. Cams were still useable since I knew the setup. I loaded them with batteries, but relied mainly on external power. Two of the cams quit working on batteries only. That appeared to be from water getting into the battery compartments and causing corrsion. Daytime pics were great. Night pics were great if the animal was still. If there was any movement the pics were blurry. I would not recommend the I-series cams. One of them has now been stolen...no big loss (or gain for the thief). One no longer works at all.
I've had great results from the D40s. I have 3. Day and night pics are good. One of the cams did "freeze" up in extemely cold weather. A couple of hours in the house and it came back to life. I would recommend the D40s based on MY experience. I just go two new bushnells in the mail....up until a few months ago I saw nothing but great reviews of bushnells...the 2010s seem to be shaky.
My rule of thumb: All trail cams are junk and get bad reviews...just pray for a good one.

HOYTHUNTER

Postby HOYTHUNTER » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:11 pm

havent had the i-40 but have three d-50s that ive had for four years and they have worked great i uses them at feeding stations got a ir-55 this year for trails and its on the same batteries all season long the shutter is a lil loud but over all at 89$ it been great..

RedBud

Re: Moultrie I40 Reviews

Postby RedBud » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:03 pm

I got a Moultrie GameSpyI45 with black IR on sale from Sportsman's Guide for around $100. It is 4 Mega pixel but it should work great for my application as a security device.

Previous

Return to Scouting Cameras