Game cameras??????

Al. WI Bow Hunter

Game cameras??????

Postby Al. WI Bow Hunter » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:51 am

Hope this helps- I have 2 moultrie D40's- 1 moultrie I 40 - 1 wild view [film type] -1 older stealth cam [film type] - 1 IR Leaf River [which will miss pictures at times, slow trigger speed] - I bought a new Predator Evolution IR before my fall WI. bow trip this year and just loved it, takes beautiful movies and emitts no red glow as other IR's including cuddeback- just purchased a timber eye 5.0 and haven't had time to get it to the woods yet. I have had little trouble with the Moultries prefer the ones which take D- cell batteries over the 6 volt because they seem to last longer in the colder weather. Enjoy playing with my cameras as much as hunting- of course I've been bow hunting for 50 years as of this year. Hope this helps the fellow asking about cameras.

GTOHunter

RE: Game cameras??????

Postby GTOHunter » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:25 pm

Thanks for the Info WI Bow Hunter....! [;)]

I have the Moultrie I-60 IR trail camera and it has been working great for me,good IR night pictures,decent looking video's and wonderful clear day pictures with long lasting battery life too.I'm not too thrilled with the position of the viewing screen and the hole where you lock it is very small opening and it is really thick and will only take a lock that small in diameter and it has to be longer to be able to close the lock shut....a standard size lock won't fit or work.It has several neat settings and does take a while to read up on to familiarize yourself with every fuction. 

deerman69

RE: Game cameras??????

Postby deerman69 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:56 am

I have 4 Cuddeback Experts,1Cuddeback Capture and 1old camtracker that uses film and is 7 years old and still takes qaulity pictures. I hope my cuddebacks hold up as well. I always use the bear safe with them, but I modify them with a peice of angle iron so I can chain them to the tree and use weather proof master locks to secure them. I get alot of up close and personal pics of bears every year and good Lord willing no tresspasser will have with him a big set of bolt cutters or a chainsaw. So far so good, I've been doing it like this for 7yrs. Good Luck deerman69

Return to Scouting Cameras