Flash vs Infrared No Flash

cbhunter

RE: Flash vs Infrared No Flash

Postby cbhunter » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:58 am

I have a Cuddeback flash and a no-flash. The only thing about the no-flash if the animal is moving you get a blury picture not the case with a flash

Wanderer

Postby Wanderer » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:56 am

Erich,
I have 3 Moultrie cameras with incandescent flash and one Bushnell with option to go IR or incandescent. I've gotten as many as 828 pictures in 4 days over feed with the Moultries and I've got my share of mature bucks with them as well. The attached picture was taken with one of my Moultrie Game Spy cameras. I got 4 different pictures of this buck over a two day span(all night shots with flash). On some of my mineral licks, I've had as many as 60 pictures of the same deer...head down in the lick...head up looking at the camera,repeat. I've also got IR videos with my Bushnell where the buck (not the same one) looks directly at the camera, does a 180, and almost falls down trying to get out of there . I believe some deer are spooked by cameras (IR or flash) and some just don't care. Kinda like people. Some are jumpy, while some are laid back.

paulie

Postby paulie » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:07 am

I believe some deer are spooked by cameras (IR or flash) and some just don't care. Kinda like people. Some are jumpy, while some are laid back.

Wanderer, I would say, you hit the nail right on the head!! Just another examlpe of " whats true for one, may not be true for all"  BTW, nice deer in the photo!

Wanderer

Postby Wanderer » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:20 pm

I'm gonna try to link into the video I mentioned in my previous post. This was , honest to God, the very first IR video I ever got when I bought my new Bushnell camera. Kinda made me think I could've saved a couple hundred. Hope this works
http://s631.photobucket.com/albums/uu36 ... ash.flvrks

paulie

Postby paulie » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:27 pm

Guess he was a little "camera shy"!

coach

Postby coach » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:01 pm

The first pic....we have him about 10 different occasion during the night.  Flash did not bother him at all. 

The second pic....12-14 point...hard to tell....with a double drop tine on his right side. The picture was taken 2 weeks after the camera was install.  No human scent around.  During the day too...so no flash. Its the only pic we have of him.  If this picture would of been taken during the night ....I sure would of said he was skettish about the flash.  Go Figure.

Cheers
Ottawa, Ontario

Previous

Return to Scouting Cameras