Moultrie Question

FFKEVIN

RE: Moultrie Question

Postby FFKEVIN » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:08 am

ORIGINAL: DeanoZ

ORIGINAL: hunt4ever

I have 3 Moutrie D-40'S & use 512MB cards.  I read somewhere that 2 GB cards are slower for some reason.  Is this true?
Another question:  Moultrie indicates that the operating range is above 32 degrees.  I have my cameras out now, but have not checked them.  I live in upstate NY where it has been been below 20 for a week.  Any experience out there on how the camera operates at these temps?

The 2Gb cards are flash memory, no moving parts to it and from a technological standpoint the camera does not operate any faster or slower when writing the digital image to the storage device.

As for the temps, mine operates and has taken pictures just fine in Temps hovering just above 0 degrees, but i have heard your battery life decreases rapidly in much colder temps...as I understand it, its like car batteries using a lot more of their juice on cold winter starts.  I know during that recent cold snap my cam batteries died a lot quicker than normal.

[font=tahoma]I agree with DeanoZ.  [/font]
[font=tahoma][/font] 
[font=tahoma]2GB SD cards don't act any different (although the 4GB, 8GB, & 16GB, SDHC cards did not work in my camera)[/font]
[font=tahoma][/font] 
[font=tahoma]And the cold slows down the camera a bit and definitely eats up the batteries a lot quicker![/font]
�Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak.� - Ted Nugent

HoneyHole

Postby HoneyHole » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:52 am

ORIGINAL: bigwisconsinbucks

I just purchased a Moultrie D-40 and as you probably know it doesn't come with a USB cable. I would like to upload the pics onto my computer so I need to get one. Where has everyone got theirs? Did you order it straight from the Moultrie site or can you buy it elsewhere?

Walmart, Best Buy, Radio Shack, www.newegg.com . Just make sure you get the right one. There are 5 different types of USB cables. USB "B" is probably most common. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB

reeper0697

Postby reeper0697 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:27 am

I live in upstate NY where it has been been below 20 for a week.  Any experience out there on how the camera operates at these temps?

where in upstate NY do you live? I bought rechargable batteries for mine and they dont last for squat in cold weather (they are cheap 2500mah ones from walmart, a good AA has more power than that) I purchased some Rayovacs a few weeks ago since they are 6 bucks at walmart for 6 (cheaper than the duracell and energizers) and I have had them out in the cold (warm now) and they have held up great.
Put me on a mountain, way back in the backwoods
Put me on a lake with biggin' on the line
Put me around a campfire cookin' something I just cleaned

Previous

Return to Scouting Cameras