WILDVIEW CAM., NO CUST., SERVICE

shadow

RE: WILDVIEW CAM., NO CUST., SERVICE

Postby shadow » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:32 pm

Your'e right twotone, you do get what you pay for!

However when a person decides to spend their money on a new trail camera or anything else for that matter, you should end up with something (even though its inexpensive) that will last beyond the period its warranted for.
Obviously there is and has been alot of problems with these camera's and the company knows this, and they should take it upon themselves to upgrade these units so they do not break so quickly.
By doing this they will probably end up saving money by not giving out so many camera's to replace the bad ones that are sent back. It might even be good pr for them seeing how many people presently dislike their products and are willing to chat negatively about them.

I called Wildview back and could not get to speak with anyone in management, but did get to talk to Viviian in technical support who was nice enough to speak to but offered no other solutions besides providing them proof of purchase date. She indicated to give Cabelas a call they should have purchase records for the one camera I bought there.
I called and spoke with a guy in my local Cabelas store who attempted to find the purchase info but couldn't.  He did say to bring it back to them and they would either switch it out or give me store credit! Thats amazing, I told him I had no reciept, no packaging nothing but it didn't matter they would take it back and reimburse me.
I am not gonna go that route, I don't feel its Cabelas problem to deal with me and a junk Wildview, but I do wish that other companies (Wildview) had customer service and a return policy like Cabelas does.

Good luck with all your Wildviews out there, I think I'll keep mine set up in areas where I may catch a daytime trespaser, and I know I'll end up buying another Moultrie or two.

.....Tuesday, Feb 3rd update, still waiting for the call back from Wildview manager. Great service on the promise of a return phone call too!

coach

Postby coach » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:00 pm

Well ...I got news.
For those who followed my story up above.  I have received my dad's Wildview back.  Brand new one.
Actually...I beleive its a better one.  This one I can actually plug in a solar panel.
I haven't tested it yet but it looks promissing.

Keep you updated

Cheers
Ottawa, Ontario

shadow

Postby shadow » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:54 pm

I'm glad someone is getting good service from this company. As for me, I bought another D-40.
Good luck to you with your dad's new camera!

3 WEELIN GEEZER

Re: WILDVIEW CAM., NO CUST., SERVICE

Postby 3 WEELIN GEEZER » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:52 am

Hey, everyone! I am sorry all of you have had such bad luck with your game cameras. I too would like to offer to releive you of these peices of junk. I scored two of the TGL51R cameras early this month and the only complaint I have is the lousy memory capacity and it eats C cells like nothin (may be b/c they cost $.97/pair). I mean, how expensive is it to put a decent amount of memory (2Gb) in these things from the get go? These 2Gb cards are really cheap. The pix on mine are just fine. Even at night. I am surprised that people beleive the company should send them a new one without having to return the old one for inspection (for warranty purposes to make sure its not due to operator error). Imagine how many people would do this only to get additional cameras for free? :roll: I will see if I can put an outdoor night picture it took once photobucket quits playing around. Anyways, here is a short video I made of myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fQrNId8nUc
under the title of WILDVIEW INFRARED EXTREME GAME CAMERA.

Hmmm....won't upload a pic of myself at night for some reason (640x480) ???

bulltalk

Re: WILDVIEW CAM., NO CUST., SERVICE

Postby bulltalk » Thu May 31, 2012 12:54 pm

Wow, it really sucks listening to all this...wildview game cams are the lowest and lamest game cams on the market. for all the headache and money I hear being spent on these things you could make 4 of your own that will last 10 years and take ten times the picture quality.

I started out with a 35 mm game tracker many many years ago, and in about 2003 I learned how to build my own and will never ever purchase another manufactured trail cam again. there slow, take lousy night pics and battery life will never compare to a home built trail cam.
http://justhuntandfish.com
http://bestarcheryrelease.com

Previous

Return to Scouting Cameras