Best pictures 08

coach

RE: Best pictures 08

Postby coach » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:18 am

looks like a 13 poionter with 2 drop tine on the right side.

Cheers
Ottawa, Ontario

HoneyHole

Postby HoneyHole » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:27 am

Hey 2ton, what kind of camera is that? The picture has a haze to it, but I like it. 

2tonyb

Postby 2tonyb » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:52 am

ORIGINAL: HoneyHole

Hey 2ton, what kind of camera is that? The picture has a haze to it, but I like it. 

It's a Stealth Cam, I think 2.0.  Christmas present from the wife 3 years ago.  The haze thing has slowly crept up.  I've cleaned the lens, but it didn't help.  The most interesting thing about the picture is that I killed this buck on Nov 9th about 40 yards from the camera.  At the time that I killed the deer, I did not know I had his picture from Nov 7.

HoneyHole

Postby HoneyHole » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:31 am

ORIGINAL: 2tonyb

ORIGINAL: HoneyHole

It's a Stealth Cam, I think 2.0.  Christmas present from the wife 3 years ago.  The haze thing has slowly crept up.  I've cleaned the lens, but it didn't help.  The most interesting thing about the picture is that I killed this buck on Nov 9th about 40 yards from the camera.  At the time that I killed the deer, I did not know I had his picture from Nov 7.

You know what you could try. I have the same issue with my GPS and fishfinder on my boat. Moisture creeps in the unit. Ocassionally or at the end of the season (I know there isn't one for deer!) put the camera in a large ziplock bag and throw either a couple of thos disilicia packs (those little white packs that come with your home electronics), or some dry white rice. Either will absorb the moisture out. It might be worth a try. I like the haze though, it makes it look surreal.

Previous

Return to Scouting Cameras