Odd Trailcam Photo with a COACH

Redskelter

Odd Trailcam Photo with a COACH

Postby Redskelter » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:05 am

Hi everyone,

A gentleman recently sent me an odd-looking photograph taken with what I understand to be a Coach trail cam earlier this month in North Georgia. The image turned out really strange looking, and I'm not certain what to make of it (see below). I imagine this was some sort of distortion caused by either a malfunction in the camera or some other fluke, but I thought I might see if any of you Coach users have experienced the same sort of thing, or might possibly now what causes this sort of image.

I've joked with a few friends that it could be a "sasquatch" trying to de-materialize before the flash went off, heh heh. Hopefully someone here can come up with a better solution, and I appreciate any info those of you in-the-know might be able to send along. Feel free to email me at info@gralienreport.com.

Best,

Red

gunther89

RE: Odd Trailcam Photo with a COACH

Postby gunther89 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:26 am

I'm guessing its a malfunction in the camera.  Some cameras will do it when it's really cold and you will see 1 deer and then another ghost like deer by it.  We had it with our camera awhile back where we got a ghost deer and after it warmed up it worked fine.

vipermann7

Postby vipermann7 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:33 am

I would definitely go with the sasquatch theory, makes the most sense to me.

It's so hard to tell what happened. Sometimes I get pictures of deer with the craziest looking heads because they were moving when the camera went off. its clearly a deer's body, but the head will be blurry and distorted, a lot like what your picture looks like. could have been some birds flying around, thats actually my best guess, and the camera just didn't catch them clearly. i also have more weird things happen when its cold, so depending on the conditions, that could have messed up the camera too.

reeper0697

Postby reeper0697 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:55 am

Birds flying do the same thing to my cam. It is weird looking though
Put me on a mountain, way back in the backwoods
Put me on a lake with biggin' on the line
Put me around a campfire cookin' something I just cleaned

coach

Postby coach » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:16 pm

WHAT !!!!  PICTURE WITH COACH............NO WAY......IT WASN'T ME.

Cheers
Ottawa, Ontario

coach

Postby coach » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:17 pm

Oh....with a Coach !   Duhh.....Sorry  [:D]
Cheers
Ottawa, Ontario

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:56 pm

Could it be that the camera on the other tree went off at the same time? Triggering some kinda of messed up photo? While they missed the image?Also could be due to cold weather.Orrr it's gotta be a maulfunction.. that's my 2 sense
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:22 am

It prolly seems obvious to most, but I'll mention it anyway. It looks to me like a hawk or an owl is attacking some kind of rodent critter that was feeding there.

But the stingray looking things above it and the swirly things around the tree suggest that this is an underwater scene featuring stingrays and eels. So, what looks like a hawk must be the missing evolutionary link between an aquatic creature and a bird.

Then again, it looks kinda like a monkey. That's not you, is it? [:D]

Steve

dtrain56

Postby dtrain56 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:44 am

It prolly seems obvious to most, but I'll mention it anyway. It looks to me like a hawk or an owl is attacking some kind of rodent critter that was feeding there.

It is a hawk or owl taking off after it swooped in to kill something..the camera looks like that because of the exposer speed...it is not fast enough to stop the object as it takes off....sorry to ruin the other "obvious" theory's

Return to Scouting Cameras