I don't leave mine out. Its an hour and drive and 1 mile hike.
The snow here is unreal. We are getting about 6 inches again overnight tonight.
Rut activity here is done in Early December. I rather wait until April. When snow starts to melt....then I may go out and put a salt bloc...and put my camera.
I guess it all depends on where you are.