Trail Camera Tip - Save $

JPH

RE: Trail Camera Tip - Save $

Postby JPH » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:21 pm

LOL! That was a generalization. This camera has been in the same spot since early Oct. I had very few false triggers until about Oct. 20. Then the tree began to loose it's leaves. Now when the sunlight filters through the branches, and the wind blows, I get false triggers. 

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:57 pm

I had that same problem...Cept in a week I probably had over 500 beautiful sun filled photos.  I was told never to aim my camera directly east or west because of this.  My camera at this time was facing southeast.  It was fun going through all those photos though, imagining the next one was going to be a picture of a MONSTER!  lol

bkbowhunter08

Postby bkbowhunter08 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:09 pm

i have 2 cards for each trail cam that i have and i just swap them out and bring the laptop with so i can look at them when i get back to the truck i can see full size pics and when i'm hunting i bring my digital point and shoot camera to look at them in the stand!

GTOHunter

Postby GTOHunter » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:42 pm

I bought a new Cuddeback IR camera and when I pulled the card and put it in my Kodak Camera to view the pictures it read "Non-Readable Format" so my digital Kodak Camera will not read/pull up any of the SD card since it has IR (Infra-Red) pictures on it.The CuddeView card readers cost around $149.00 but I believe I can get a computer card reader for a lot less or even buy another off-brand hand held card reader for considerably less money.It never fails...you buy something nice and it has a catch to it where you have to spend more money to get it to work.....kinda like getting a new toy for Christmas only to find out you don't have the right size batteries to play with it! [8|] [&:] [:@] 

HoneyHole

Postby HoneyHole » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:34 am

ORIGINAL: bkbowhunter08

i have 2 cards for each trail cam that i have and i just swap them out and bring the laptop with so i can look at them when i get back to the truck i can see full size pics and when i'm hunting i bring my digital point and shoot camera to look at them in the stand!

That's what I do also.

69Viking

Postby 69Viking » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:15 am

ORIGINAL: HoneyHole

ORIGINAL: bkbowhunter08

That's what I do also.

Make that 3 of us then!  Memory cards are so cheap now it's just so easy to have two for each camera.  Viewing them on a laptop screen is great for seeing detaila and with a laptop it's easy to manage photos and delete those wonderful sun shots!

Previous

Return to Scouting Cameras