rechargeable batteries???

welch35

RE: rechargeable batteries???

Postby welch35 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:11 pm

I have never tried the rechargeables, and I don't think I will, I use 6 "D" batteries for my game cam and have tried just about every brand of battery out there, and I'll tell you I only buy Duracells, they might be a few more dollars, but in the long run you will save money..they last a lot longer then any other brand.

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:26 pm

Thanks for the advice guys...I think I'm using the wrong voltage (at least I hope) for the rechargeables.  The ones I am using are D's, 2500 mAh...I read somewhere I should be using 4500 MINIMUM.  These buggers are hard to find though...I've looked and looked at various stores and they either don't have them or they are out.  As much as I'd rather not use rechargeables, I have my cam out year round and this would cut out a lot of $$$$$ that I'm spending. 

I'm hoping this isn't my trail cam (I have a Moultrie D-40), but the last couple times I've had my cam out with these batteries I have 0 pics on them (well, besides the ones that I have of myself to test it out when I first set it up).  I KNOW there are deer too that walk past this trail so I'm dumbfounded.  The batteries are dead as a door nail too when I pick the cam up a week later.  Can't figure it out...Hopefully it's just the batteries but I don't understand why it would take those initial pictures and then none after.  These rechargeable batteries used to work before, but maybe they are shot?  I don't know too much about rechargeables, but I have only had them a few months! [:'(]

PrairieShadow

Postby PrairieShadow » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:24 am

Just a FYI, the #'s you are referring to have nothing to do with the battery voltage. The 2600 or 2900mah is just how much energy the battery can hold. all lAAA, AA, C, D batteries are 1.5 volts. the only difference betweeen them is the capacity of the energy they will hold.
Yes you should be using a higher capacity battery as most commercial cams are very thirsty units.  

here is a link to some 10,000mah D batteries. hope this helps.

http://www.all-battery.com/8pcsofdsize10000mahhighcapacityhighratenimhrechargeablebatteries.aspx
Hunting isn't a matter of Life or Death
Its MUCH more important than that!

Hudson Buckmaster

Postby Hudson Buckmaster » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:12 am

I have a Moultrie as well. Got it at Gander for $129. Takes six D's.

Put it out, three weeks later drive to town for six more D's. Three weeks later, same thing. I'll stick with the tossable ones and take them out when they get to 75%. Heck, it's only for three or four months a year I plan on using it.

I'll just go to Fleet Farm and buy my D's in bulk next year!
Da Buckmaster

Previous

Return to Scouting Cameras